Chapter 2

2 moons later...
"Then, the rouge leader, Viper, leaped at me but I ducked and raked his belly, making him run away like the coward he is!" An old male cat voice exclaimed proudly.

Duskkit sat next to Dawnkit as she laughed "That's not true! You can't chase of a rouge leader like that!"

The brown old cat smirked and shrugged "Maybe not now but I could when I had my energy!"

Dawnkit nudged Duskkit lightly and purred "I think Rowaneye is telling the truth!"

Duskkit stood up and flicked her tail towards Dawnkit as she glared at Rowaneye "I'm going back to the den. I don't have time for Nursery tails." As she finished, she spun around and exited the den and headed towards the nursery.

Dawnkit saddened as she looked back towards Rowaneye "I'm sorry she's like this."

Rowaneye laughed and then he rested his tail on Dawnkit's back and pulled her closer, as he whispered "Don't let her bring you down ok? Stay optimistic, ok kit?"

Dawnkit raised her ears and nodded as Rowaneye moved his tail and whispered "Good luck today."

Dawnkit stood to her paws and tilted her head "Good luck with what?"

He began chuckling "Your apprentice ceremony. Now go have fun before you are put to work."

Dawnkit widened her eyes and leaped with excitement "My apprentice ceremony! Thanks Rowaneye!" With that, she spun around and raced out of the elder's den and headed for the nursery.

When she reached the nursery, she saw Dawnbreeze licking Duskkit repeatedly. Oh no...Dawnbreeze remembered our ceremony! Bath time....

She watched trying not to laugh as Duskkit tried to escape from her mother's grasp but it was no use. Dawnbreeze finished up bathing her when she licked her pale white muzzle, making Duskkit sneeze. Dawnkit bursted out laughing as Duskkit growled at the sound of it.

Dawnkit immediately stopped laughing when she realize it was her turn next to get a bath. Duskkit quickly padded away from her mothers grip as Dawnbreeze reached for Dawnkit and pulled her in for her bath. Duskkit sat down and mocked Dawnkit "Haha you're getting a bath. Tough it up."

Dawnbreeze licked Dawnkit's head and gave Duskkit a warning stare to make her stop teasing. Dawnkit moaned as her mother licked her muzzle making her sneeze too.

Dawnbreeze let go of Dawnkit and mewed happily "My young little warriors."

Duskkit rolled her eyes "Reallyyyy?"

Then a string male voice from outside the den echoed "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey join here beneath the high ledge for a clan meeting."

Dawnbreeze stood to her paws and nudge each of her kits lightly with her head towards the direction of the nursery exit "Go on now."

Dawnkit and Duskkit smiled as they walked out of the nursery and made their way to the high ledge. As they stood below it, a pitch black Tom with yellow eyes stood on the high ledge with his head held high "It's time for these two kits to become apprentices."

Soon as he finished the sentence, it seemed as if every single cat in the forest was circled around the front of the high ledge watching them earn their apprentice names.