Chapter 3

"This is the Thunderpath, Dawnpaw. You should never cross it alone unless you have no other choice." Gingersplash spoke in a calm but strict voice.

Dawnpaw stood next to her mentor on the soft green grass as she starred at the large path. She looked up towards her mentor and asked "Do they ever leave the path?"

Ginger splash shook her head and explained "Not that I've heard of. They always stick to the path and rarely stop for anything."

Dawnpaw sighed with relief as Gingersplash turned around and began walking the other way. Dawnpaw quickly spun around and raced to her side.

After a few moments of silence Dawnpaw finally asked "Where are we going now?"

Gingersplash mewed calmly "The Brightclan border line. There might be a patrol around this time, so you might be able to learn some things about your enemies."

Dawnpaw nodded proudly as she thought to herself If I learn more about them, I can help my clan!

Dawnpaw noticed the grassy earth below her started to flatten into a brighter green color. We must be getting closer to Brightclan

After a few more minutes of walking, Gingersplash came to a halt and Dawnpaw did the same.

They were standing in front of a large open field with barely any trees. Dawnpaw asked surprised "How do they hide from enemies?"

Gingersplash shrugged and purred with amusement "Maybe they try to look like grass."

Dawnpaw purred back happily and then stopped when she smelled an unusual scent. "Is that a Brightclan patrol?"

Gingersplash sniffed the air and nodded towards Dawnpaw "Very good Dawnpaw!"

Then, 2 cats came into view as they appeared out of the grass. There was a dark red-brown tom cat with green eyes, and a smaller male tom who was a sandy color with green eyes.

Gingersplash dipped her head towards the older Tom and greeted "Greetings Pinestalker."

Pinestalker dipped his head back in reply "Hello Gingersplash. What brings you to our border?"

Gingersplash gestured her tail towards Dawnpaw and explained "I'm showing my apprentice the different borders."

Pinestalker purred and gestured his tail towards the smaller sandy cat next to him "As am I."

Dawnpaw noticed the smaller sandy cat was looking at her with a small glow in his eyes.

He mewed eagerly "Hi there! I'm Sunpaw!"

Dawnpaw smiled back as she shifted her paws "I'm Dawnpaw."

"