Chapter 27

Duskbreeze raced across the Mistclan border as she came to a halt and spun around to face the Mistclan warriors who had chased her off. The orange tom, Firegaze snarled "Get going, rogue. We don't want to see you here ever again."

Duskbreeze shifted her paws as she looked towards a brown tom next to him "Oh yeah, Mudtail? Your brother won't last much longer...now that I'm permanently joining the rogues...he should be dead by tomorrow."

Mudtail widened his yellow eyes with fear "You wouldn't dare kill Hawktalon..."

Duskbreeze spun around with her eyes narrowed; she smirked "Try me." Before looking straight ahead and racing towards the Sandclan border.

Mudtail watched her race off with his voice trembling and his legs shaking "S-she can't kill Hawktalon! He's my brother and-"

Firegaze glanced towards Mudtail with his voice sharp "She may have killed my sister, Gingersplash...but I promise you I won't let her kill your brother...she will pay for this."

~*~

Duskbreeze made it to the Sandclan border with the sun just now rising as she leapt over the border line and crossed into the territory. She made her way up the sandy dune as she saw all the rogues chatting. A brown tom looked up towards Duskbreeze and asked "Why are you here so late? Won't your clan worry about their little Duskbreeze?"

Duskbreeze rolled her eyes as she snapped back "Shut it Snake. I don't know how Ice put up with you when she was alive. You're as pathetic as a little clan cat."

Snake grunted as he turned around and walked away into one of the dens looking irritated as cats began laughing at him.

Dawnbreeze stiffened her posture as she made her way down the hill and into the rogue camp. She was expecting to be greeted by Shadow, but instead, Viper appeared out of his den. Duskbreeze quickly dipped her head "Greetings Vi-"

"What are you doing here so late? Have you become deputy?" Viper asked in a deep growl as Duskbreeze forced herself not to look terrified.

Duskbreeze meowed angry "Dawnheart told the entire clan my secret and now I'm exiled."

Viper looked at her with his eyes narrowed as he yowled angry "What?!"

All the cats suddenly went quiet as their attentions turned towards Duskbreeze and Viper. Shadow pushed his way violently through the crowd as he asked furiously "What's going on over here?"

Viper looked towards his son and snarled "You said I could trust this cat but she just got exiled from her own clan!"

Shadow lowered his ears surprised at Duskbreeze "Y-you were exiled?"

Duskbreeze looked at Viper and Shadow as she hesitated "I-I'm sorry...I really tried to keep my spot but Dawnheart-"

Viper snarled with fury as he leapt at Duskbreeze pinning her onto her side as his claws dug into her, and blood oozed out. Duskbreeze hissed in pain as she meowed between breaths "Give me another ch-"

He sliced out the tip of her other ear as he breathed into her face "Next time, I will tear each of your limbs out...piece by piece...understand? You are nothing to me."

Duskbreeze glanced up at her two torn ears as she nodded slowly in pain. Viper snorted as he stood to his paws and let her sit up.