Chapter 10

Dawnpaw walked up to her siblings whom just became warriors once the crowd separated. She mewed to them happily "Congratulations on your new names!"

Treebranch purred with amusement "I'm officially a tree now!" Stonefall laughed in agreement as he commented "I actually think my name is really cool! The she-cats will definitely fall for me now."

Dreamcloud began laughing as she purred "My name is really pretty!"

Dawnpaw jumped proudly "Heck yeah it is!"

They all began laughing as Falconwing and Dawnbreeze approached them and they both praised their kits. Dawnbreeze mewed "I'm so proud of you all!"

Dawnpaw took a few steps back so she stood next to Dawnbreeze and nodded in agreement. Falconwing added "I'm also very proud of my young warriors."

Treebranch purred awkwardly "Dad, we aren't young anymore!" As Stonefall and Dreamcloud began laughing at their brother. Dawnpaw couldn't help but laugh either but that made her wonder. Where's Duskpaw? She should be here congratulating them!

Soon as she finished the thought, she saw Duskpaw walking towards the camp exit by herself, constantly looking over her shoulder to make sure no one was watching. Dawnpaw was going to call to her but whatever she was doing, it must've been more important than being there for her own family.

Then Dreamcloud stood to her paws and saw Hawktalon sitting on the other side of the camp waving his tail in the air, as if he was calling her over. Dreamcloud laughed "See ya guys later!" As she spun around and raced up towards Hawktalon.

Dawnpaw smiled a little and shot a glance once more towards the camp exit, and Duskpaw had vanished. Dawnpaw sighed sadly and wanted to follow her sister, but she forced herself to remain sitting down. If I tell cats she's gone, she will get in trouble! I hope she comes back soon from...whatever she's doing.

Once everyone finished congratulating Stonefall and Treebranch, they all separated and went back to their duties. Dawnpaw looked up towards Hawktalon and Dreamcloud and smiled as she slowly began to approach them.

Hawktalon looked her way and stood to his paws and spun around away from Dreamcloud. Does Hawktalon not like me or something? Dreamcloud smiled as she watched him leave, then turned her attention towards Dawnpaw. "Hey Dawnpaw! What's up?"

Dawnpaw mewed softly and teased "So...are you his mate yet?" Dreamcloud widened her eyes but shook her head "N-no no no! Well..." She paused for a heartbeat before continuing "Not yet anyways."

Dawnpaw chuckled before asking "Did he ever ask you yet?"

Dreamcloud blushed and nodded her head "Just now actually...but I said I would think about it."

Dawnpaw asked surprised as she sat down anxiously "I will literally push you up to him so you will say yes. I've seen you two everywhere around camp with each other."

Dreamcloud being purring as she looked past Dawnpaw and saw Gingersplash signaling Dawnpaw. Dreamcloud mewed "I think Gingersplash wants you."

Dawnpaw looked back over her shoulder and saw her mentor looking towards her calmly. Dawnpaw nodded as she stood to her paws and turned to approach Gingersplash.

Gingersplash mewed "I'm referring to Dreamcloud as well." Dawnpaw gasped with excitement as she turned and mewed loudly towards Dreamcloud "Your coming with to whatever we are doing!"