Bonus Scene

Cats yowling with fury and screeching with terror filled the blowing air of the forest. Battles were going on all through out the forest as the 5 clans who lived there; Mistclan, Hillclan, Brookclan, Brightclan, and Sandclan were defending their homes against a gang of rogues.

Within Mistclan, was one of the biggest battles known throughout their history. The rogue leader, Viper, was circling the Mistclan leader, Shadestar, with his pelt prickling. Some cats stop fighting to watch their leaders fight to the death, while others continued fighting.

"You brought this upon yourself Shadestar." Viper growled deeply as he slowly continued to circle around Shadestar, as the Mistclan leader kept his gaze closely fixed on the rogue.

"If your clan never killed my mother, we wouldn't be here right now." The rogue leader growled a little more softer as if he was beginning to mourn. He lifted his gaze back towards the Mistclan leader as he paused in front of him.

"We didn't kill Rose, Viper. The river did. It's not our fault your father and her trespassed." Shadestar protested strictly as his claws were still sheathed, watching his old friend with sadness in his eyes.

Viper unleashed his claws as he arched his back, ready to leap at him "This ends here."

"So it does." Shadestar meowed back with a sharpness in his tone as he unleashed his claws and lowered himself to the ground, about to leap.

At the same exact time, both leaders jumped at each other, hissing and snarling at the rage that was deep down inside of them. Once they made contact, Shadestar was thrusted onto the ground as Viper landed on top of him.

He held Shadestar down in a locked pin and was ready to go for the killing bite in his neck "You don't know how long I've waited for this moment."

Shadestar snapped as he eyes Viper "Do it Viper. Kill me."

The rogue leader just looked down at him with his eyes narrowed, as if he was actually hesitating. Shadestar meowed "See that? You still remember all the great times we had together as apprentices." He laughed before laughing a little "Always trying to impress Fernpaw and make a fool of ourselves in the process of it."

The rogue leader looked away for a moment as he sighed "She rejected me."

"No Viper she didn't. She was asking me about what I would do and she was going to say yes to being your mate. But you ran away before she could even see you." Shadestar meowed urgent as he watched Viper trying to process all the information he was being given.

He closed his eyes as he murmured "No..." He opened them again as his pupils were small with anger as he put his paw on Shadestar's neck. "You and her were together that night...I saw it!"

"No! It's not like that!" Shadestar choked out while trying to gasp for air. Viper unleashed his claws a little, making drops of blood ooze out of his neck "Then what was it like Shadestar? I'm killing you right here, and right now!"

The Mistclan leader lowered his ears sadly as he choked "Very well." He used his back legs as he kicked Viper's legs, causing him to fall over and loose his grip. Shadestar leapt to his paws as he ran around Viper and grabbed onto his back, forcing him up to his paws.

Viper unsteadily nudged himself hard towards Shadestar, forcing him to let go, as he spun to face him and launched himself at him. Shadestar looked up at him as he lowered himself to the ground and watched as Viper was flying over him. He saddened as he raised his paw with his claws unleashed, and sliced his stomach open, making Viper fall to the ground.

Blood poured out of the rogue leader's stomach as he coughed up bits of blood. Shadestar stood in front of him as he watched the light slowly began to die out of his eyes. He weakly meowed "You will never harm another cat...not while I'm here."

Before Viper's light died in his eyes he breathed "Too bad you won't be here." Then, a rogue jumped at Shadestar from behind, sliding under him as she raked his stomach, causing Shadestar to fall limp onto the ground.

The rogue she-cat ran up to Viper as she meowed sadly "Viper...no!" The rogue leader' body laid there limp as the she-cat began mourning. "Duskbreeze! This is not the way!" A tom-cat meowed from the Medicine den.

Duskbreeze looked up from Viper as she saw Creamleaf, the Mistclan Medicine Cat growling at her. She licked the blood off her lips as she slowly began padding towards him.

Shadestar opened his eyes dizzily as he saw Viper's body laying next to him. I lost a life... Pain surged through him as his neck and stomach wounds were too deep. I'm on my last life now.

He forced himself to stand up onto his paws as he tried focusing on what was still going on around him. Bodies were everywhere as he noticed he himself looked more dead then the cats who were actually dead.

He noticed his daughter, Dawnheart grieving over a sandy tom's body, as Duskbreeze's body laid behind her. He sighed with relief as he noticed Viper and Duskbreeze was dead. The pain intensified in his stomach as he collapsed onto the ground, and everything went black.