Epilouge

Dawnstar sat on the high ledge smiling as she watched over her clan. Eaglepaw and Frostpaw were out training with their mentors, Firegaze and Mudtail, while Leafblossum was organizing herbs, and her deputy, Hawktalon, was organizing patrols. The clan had been peaceful ever since the final battle with the rogues, which resulted in the death of Duskbreeze, Sunstreak, Shadestar and most of the rogues.

Ever since Sunstreak had passed away, Dawnstar realized an important life lesson she should've learned long ago, back when she was an apprentice...you can't change the future entirely, but you can alter it into new ways. Even if Dawnstar did become Sunstreak's mate, that wouldn't of stopped him from helping with the final battle; that wouldn't of stopped him from getting killed by Duskbreeze.

Dawnstar still often wonders what life would be like if her sister was still around the clan, and she had never betrayed Mistclan in the first place. The night's blood will be spilled by the light of day and the darkness shall fade. Would the prophecy have never taken place? Would Duskbreeze's blood never be spilled by her? Surely the rogues...the darkness...is gone now but will it last forever?

Dawnstar sighed as she closed her eyes One thing I know for certain...no harm will ever come to my clan again... She opened her eyes as she narrowed them looking out into the forest. Not while the light of day is bright...

The End ~