Chapter 29

"No way." Shadestar meowed quickly as he sat in front of Dawnheart in his den. "They already want Sandclan gone...this is probably what they wanted in the first place."

Dawnheart asked unsure "Do you honestly think they want a clan made of rogues?"

Shadestar didn't answer for a few heartbeats before shaking his head "I suppose not." He paused for a moment before continuing "Well the gathering is tonight and we need to make a convincing point to persuade all of them to fight alongside us."

Dawnheart nodded as she began thinking of some good argument points. She stood to her paws and meowed confident "I think I have some ideas..."

~*~
Shadestar, Dawnheart, Firegaze, and Moonshadow all arrived at the gathering place to see all the clans sitting there. Greystar, the Hillclan leader, kept giving the Sandclan leader, Bloomstar, multiple disapproving looks.

Creekstar meowed loudly "Mistclan is here!" All the cats turned towards them with relief on their faces as Shadestar made his way towards where all the leader's were sitting. Dawnheart sat down in front of the leader's rock on the ground a little nervous since she has never spoke in front of so many cats before.

Then she spotted Sunstreak sitting on the other side of the gathering looking at her with his eyes wide. Dawnheart smiled a little as she waved her tail in greeting, and he waved his tail back.

Gracestar meowed "Now that we are all here we can begin!" She nodded towards Greystar so he could begin first. Greystar dipped his head calmly before standing to his paws and snarling "Sandclan has been stealing our prey!"

Cats began gasping with disbelief as Bloomstar meowed back "We would never do that. All the clans are passing over territory to us until we can find our own land...remember?"

Gracestar interrupted the argument "Actually, one of my warriors found a new land across the thunderpath for Sandclan to make their home for now."

Dawnheart looked towards Sunstreak in shock since that used to be their meeting spot. He had the same idea as me at the time...

Bloomstar asked sharply "So you expect us to keep moving our territory so it can please you?"

Greystar smirked back as he spat "Yes actually...we do."

Shadestar raised his voice above all the cats "Mistclan wishes to share some urgent news that effects all the clans." He glanced down towards Dawnheart, signaling her to come up to the rock and announce her plan...my deputy, Dawnheart, will explain."

All the cats went quiet as they all watched Dawnheart climb to the top of the rock and stand beside Shadestar. Greystar grunted "She's not leader...she can't be up here."

Creekstar warned as he flicked his ear towards Greystar "Just let the young she-cat speak."

Dawnheart shook her tail a little scared as she saw Sunstreak looking up at her with a smile on his face. He took a deep breath and let it out, signaling her to do the same.

Dawnheart took a deep breath and began "As most of you know, the rogues that have taken over Sandclan territory do not belong in this forest."

Cats began nodding silently with agreement in the crowd below her. Dawnheart continued as she started to calm down "They have been stealing prey from other clans, and killing many warriors in Mistclan. We want to put an end to the rogues but we need all the clans to help."

Some cats were yowling in disagreement while some just sat there silently and continued listening. Dawnheart meowed loudly "Whether you like it or not, Starclan says there are supposed to be five clans in the forest, which means we have to save Sandclan's territory."

Greystar growled "This isn't our problem. The rogues have done nothing to our clan, so why should we help the other clans?"

Dawnheart hesitated not knowing what to say as she looked towards Sunstreak worried. Sunstreak smiled and nodded as he spoke out "You owe us plenty Greystar! You killed Brightmoon! One of Brightclan's finest cats...so you owe Brightclan a favor!"

Gracestar looked down at her nephew in shock but nodded in agreement as she looked towards Shadestar "We will help and fight off the rogues. We don't need a pathetic Hillclan leader to help us."

Greystar hissed as he arched his back "Excuse me?"

Bloomstar smiled and nodded "I agree too. Sandclan will help chase off the rogues."

Dawnheart's heart began racing happily as she looked down at Sunstreak and mouthed the words 'Thank you.' He dipped his head back towards her as Creekstar meowed "Brookclan will fight alongside Mistclan, Sandclan, and Brightclan."

All the leader's and cats looked towards Greystar as he sighed "I'm sorry for killing Brightmoon...I was blinded by my own pride and-"

Sunstreak yowled angry "Shut up! Are you in or not?"

Greystar looked at him disrespectfully but sighed once more "I'm in..."

All the cats began cheering as Dawnheart smiled "We're coming for you Viper..."

Shadestar meowed loudly "We will all meet back here again tomorrow morning and prepare for the battle. Gathering dismissed!"

All the leader's jumped off the rock and cats began to leave the gathering place. Dawnheart quickly raced up towards Sunstreak as she meowed "I actually just did that!"

Sunstreak purred "I'm so proud of you! So you're deputy now?"

Dawnheart smiled and nodded "I guess it's pretty cool. You finally spoke out about your mother!"

Sunstreak nodded as he stood with pride "She deserved justice...and I'm glad I finally said something."

The deputy nodded in agreement as she looked over her shoulder and saw Shadestar signaling her to leave. She looked back at Sunstreak and sighed "I'm sorry we could be mates..."

Sunstreak meowed in reply "It wouldn't of worked out anyways with you becoming deputy." He paused before laughing
"Maybe in Starclan?"

Dawnheart smiled and laughed "Definitely in Starclan. I will see you tomorrow at the battle!" As she spun around and followed behind Shadestar as they left the gathering.

Sunstreak watched her leave as he meowed softly "See you tomorrow..."