Friends

"Welcome to LA, Elisabeth." Elton says as everyone holds up a slice of pizza. "And you can stay as long as you want. We have enough space."

 "Thank you so much! And call me Elli." I say smiling. They cheer and I laugh. It's crazy. I really feel welcome here, even though they don't know me, but I'm sure that will change. I mean, I don't wanna live here til the end of my days and be a burden for them, but we definitely gonna talk and get to know each other...

-

After the pizza we all sat down in the game room. The room where they play their videogames. I'm in one of the huge lovesacs and I'm gonna stay here foreber.

   First I played too, but then I gave up. I'm too tired and there were a few moments I nearly fell asleep in the middle of a game.

   "Elli?" I look up to Colby. "You look tired." I breathe deeply.  

   "Well, that's because I kinda am." He gives the controller to Amanda, Eltons girlfriend, which came over. Nice woman.

   "Follow me." He helps me up and I follow him out of the room to the hallway. "You can sleep in my bed, if you want. We will be up a while and I know how hard jetlags can be."

  "No, Colby. That's too much. I know how to sleep under loud circumstances."

  "I don't care. And it's one night." He just goes up the stairs and I follow him with a sigh.

-

"It's still not finished, but you can sleep here." In his room is only a bed and boxes. Some clothes across the floor.

   "I don't know how I ever can make this up. I owe you so much."

  "I'm sure we'll find something." he claims smirking and winking at me. Should I be scared?

   "Oh, I go and grab my sleeping things." I say and want to leave, but he stops me.

   "Wait." I look at him, he takes a shirt from the floor and sniffs on it. "Take this." He throws the shirt in my face.

   "Thanks, but I still need my toothbrush." He smiles.

   "Haa, nah. Screw it. One night without brushing teeth will be alright. And you can brush tomorrow." I smile and shake my head. "The bath is right next door, by the way. On the opposite side is Sam's room, if you ever want to prank him."

  "I would probably start with you, Colby. Your luck I think pranks are stupid." He ruins my hair by tousseling with his hand quickly through it.

   "Oh, I'm a lucky guy. Well, I let you alone now. Good night." he says and leaves. I sigh and sit down on his bed. First night in LA. First night in America. First night far away from my past.

-

I wake up confused the next day. Where am I? In whose bed I'm laying? Why am I here? Then everything comes back. I'm in LA, I slept in Colbys bed this night and I'm here, because Colby is a pretty nice guy and he saved me from sleeping on the street. He and Sam, Corey, Elton, Devyn and Aaron. I owe them all something.

   I stand up and at least put on my pants. Colbys shirt is long, but I don't know them. I think it would be strange if I would run around half naked in a house I'm just a guest in. And they are youtubers, who knows who is filming something.

   Downstairs I go to my suitcases. They are still there, where Colby has put them yesterday. I open the bigger one and grab fresh clothes.

   "Look who's here. The stranger who has sneaked into the house." I close the zipper, stand up and turn around with my clothes in my hands. In front of me is a black haired young woman with crossed arms, a judging look on her face.