Acceptance

New cover, yay! You guys like it?

~~~~~~~~

The next day I sit at a table in the café. I've a ten minutes break right now and I try to come up with a good way to ask my parents about Sophie.

   "Why the frown?" Dylan asks as he gets cups for coffee.

   "Trying to find a way to ask my parents about Sophie." I tell him without looking up.

   "On Twitter?" Now I look up and give him a small smile.

   "E-mail." Dylan frowns.

   "Why so impersonal?" he asks and I sigh putting my arm on the counter and my head on my fist.

   "I blocked my mother on my phone and it looks as if my dad got a new number I don't have." I sit back up and start writing. Just if they can explain me everything about Sophie.

Just thirty minutes later I'm working again.

   "Elli, are you fine on your own for five minutes? I have to take that call." Dylan says and points at his phone.

   "Sure thing." I say and Dylan is off to the back. I put some cups and plates in the dishwasher.

   Then the bell at the door rings.

   "I'll be with you in a second." I say as I start the washer, but as I turn around, I wanna crawl into the dishwasher.

   "Elli! I didn't know you work here." I sigh and look at the two people in front of me.

   "Jake. Shea." I say dry and look at them. "You already know what you want?" I ask to get rid of them as soon as possible.

   "Two coffees. One black and one with a little bit of milk." I just turn around and get the cups.

   The bell rings again and I look who it is.

   "Sophie!" I say and go to the girl on crutches. "How are you doing?" I ask smiling and help her to the counter.

   "I'm fine. How are you?" she asks smiling.

   "Good. I, erm, emailed my dad and mom and asked them about you. I hope it's okay." She nods.

   "No problem. Why don't you call them?" I sigh and tighten my pony tail.

   "I blocked my mom and dad got a new number I don't have."

"Struggle with mommy and daddy?" I close my eyes for a second before I look at Jake.

   "Shut up. That's non of your business." I hiss, trying to keep it low.

   "Hey, don't be so rude." Shea complains and I look at her.

   "My personal life is non of your or his business." I say and turn to get them their coffees. With a fake smile I put it in front of them. "Black and milk." I put the milk next to Shea before I turn back around.

   "Wow. If Colby knows that his girlfriend is so rude to a friend." I take a deep and slow breath.

   "Shea, I know you can't stand me since the beginning, but I really wanna try to be on good terms with you. For Colby." Shea rolls her eyes and puffs. Then she gets some money and practically smashes it on the counter before she stands up. She leans a little over the counter.

   "Colby isn't over yet, sweetheart. He'll come to sense soon enough." With this she leaves the café together with Jake.

   Shea and Jake. That fits surprisingly well. Even though I could see that they aren't really dating. But how did they meet?