Jealousy

It's close to 5am as I crawl as cautious as possible out of Colby's bed. I don't wanna wake him up that early, but I have my first day of work today. It's a friday, so tomorrow I have my first official performance at the café.

   I grab my phone and tip toe out of the room. Damn those squeaking doors! I'm gonna make me some breakfast first, then I'm gonna change my clothes.

As I put nutella on my toast, arms lay around my stomach. I wince, pull one of my earphones out and turn my head to see Colbys sleep tousled brown hair right next to me, because he put his head on my shoulder.

   "Did I wake you up?" I ask in a quiet voice. He shakes his head, eyes are closed. "I'm sorry, didn't want to wake you up." Now he opens his eyes and looks to me, a smile on his face.

   "You didn't wake me up. Didn't you hear Circa bark?" he asks with a raspy, and honestly pretty sexy morning voice. I frown and shake my head as I take a bite of my toast.

   "I listened to music. The house could burn and I wouldn't realize it if I don't see it." I explain and want to turn around to look at him straight, but Colby grunts and tightens his grib around my stomach.

   "Stay." he mumbles, sounding half asleep. I take the knife and put some Nutella that was still on it on Colbys nose. He loosens his grib and I twist out of his arms, even though I would love to stay there. "Why did you do that?" he asks in a childish mad voice.

   "'Cause I have to get ready for work." I say sipping on my hot chocolate I made a few minutes ago.

   "When will you be back?" Colby asks leaning against the counter island in the middle of the kitchen.

   "I'll finish work 11am, so I'll be here around half past maybe, because I have to walk home." Colby frowns.

   "How do you get there? You walk?" he asks and yawns at the same time, what makes me smile.

   "I already told you that a colleague will pick me up in" I look at my phone, it's already half past? "10 minutes." I drink up and eat up before I go upstairs to get some clothes. Colby follows me like a puppy. "Can I keep your hoodie for today?" I ask walking to my future room. Today my furniture should arrive, that means no more sleepovers with Colby...

   "Sure. Suits you better than me." I look over my shoulder as I kneel down to open my suitcase. He is smirking at me while he leans against the door frame. It just... We definitely have to talk about us.

   I'm just about to say something as my phone rings. It's a text from Dylan, he is already here.

   "Ouh shit. Colby?" I look at the brunette. "Could you go outside and let Dylan in? He is the colleague who's picking me up for work." Colby looks unsure first, but nods and turns around to go downstairs. I text Dylan quick that Colby, a guy with brown hair, will let him in and I'm not quiet ready.

Only two minutes later I walk downstairs. I changed into comfy pants and I only need to do my make up. It's not much. A little concealer, powder and mascara. That's about it, but the stuff is downstairs in the bathroom.

   Dylan and Colby are in the hallway and don't talk. Colby is scanning Dyl sceptical and Dyl is looking at his phone.

   "Hey Dyl. I'll be ready in five." I say and he looks up, smiling.

   "Don't worry." he claims as I walk in the bathroom.

   Colby follows me and is leaning again against the door frame, looking at me through the mirror with a serious look on his face.

   "I bet it's super interesting how I do my make up, huh?" I say jokingly. Colby looks pretty serious as he scans my face.

   "I don't like him." he mumbles so Dylan can't hear him. I look frowning at him through the mirror.

   "Why that? I bet you didn't talk to him at all." I put away the powder and take my mascara.

   "He is too good looking." I cough because of my own spit and turn around to face Colby directly.

   "What?" I ask, only my right upper lashes done.

   "He is too good looking. I bet he already flirted with you." I smile and turn back around to finish my make up.

   "Do I hear jealousy?" I mock the older boy, who now crosses his arms and looks away from me.

   "No! Why should I?"

 "You see? Why should you? And what if he flirted with me? It's not like we are together." I take it a little further, but regret it immediately. Colby looks hurt, but no going back. I put away my mascara and turn around to walk out the door.

   As I pass Colby, I stop and look over my shoulder.

   "He didn't, Colby. And he won't, because he is gay." Colby looks up to me in surprise and I give him a smile. "See you." I say and can't stop myself to give him a kiss on his cheek. Let's see it as a little apology, then I turn to Dylan.

   "Can we go?" he asks and I nod. So we leave the mansion. I'm still a little sorry for what I did to Colby, but we can talk after work.

"So that's the other part of Elby?" I look at him surprised as he unlocks his car. "Don't think I don't research my colleagues, german girl." he claims smiling as we get in the car.

   "Nope, that's not creepy at all." I say amused. It is kinda weird, but everyone could just google my name and find my twitter and Instagram and stuff.

   "Just you know, I totally support hashtag Elby, but only because I know he won't be gay. Otherwise I would steal those gorgeous eyes from you." I chuckle amused. Should I be worried? "So do you know some hot gay men?" I frown and have to think. Do I know some–

   "Yes I do! I met him the night before yesterday. If you want I can give you his Instagram." Dylan smiles and nods. "Let me find a picture."

As we arrive at the café I show him a picture of Bradlee.

   "Oh my goodnes! He is hot! And has a puppy." I laugh as we get out of the car.

   "I could ask Brennen if he could ask Bradlee if he likes to meet you."

 "Yes, please!" And so I text Brennen.