Surprise Number One

"Wow! They are so tasty." I claim after I ate three pancakes. "The ones my granny made where better, though."

 "It's just a mix, so nothing special." I smile at Katrina.

    "My granny used a mix too. She made it special with fruits. You should try it. A few fruits or berrys will make it healthier and tastier. Blueberrys for example." I look at her smiling and she looks at me as if I told her the biggest secret of the world.

    "I need to remember that." she says smiling and takes the last bite of her own pancake.

After I ate, I changed my clothes and went to the bigger living room to play a bit piano. They have one standing on the wall facing their garden. I try to play a song from the Broadway musical 'Dear Evan Hansen'. It's called 'You will be found' and I really like the message. Nearly every song from this musical has a great meaning and I wanna see it live one day.

    As I press the keys and sing in a quiet voice, I'm in my own little world.

    "Have you ever felt like nobody was there? Have you felt forgotten in the middle of nowhere? Have you ever felt like you could disappear? Like you could fall and no one would hear.

  Well, let that lonely feeling wash away. Maybe there's a reason to believe you'll be okay, 'cause when you don't feel strong enough to stand, you can reach, reach out your hand.

  And oh, someone will come running and I know they'll take you home.

  Even when the dark comes crashing through, when you need a friend to carry you and when you're broken on the ground. You will be found..."

    I don't notice how someone stands behind me. I jump as this person claps as I stop playing.

    "Colby! You wanna give me a heart attack?" I ask after turning around, one hand over my heart. He is just smiling.

    "No, as long as I wake up to this more often, you're allowed to live." I shake my head smiling. "By the way, did Elton talk to you?"

 "Not yet, but will do now." Elton enters the room just in that moment and sits down at the couch next to me. I turn to face him now.

    "What is it?" I ask curious.

    "You remember why you went to the suicide bridge yesterday?" I frown and nod. Will I get the surprise even though I wasn't there the whole night? And how could I possibly forget the reason why I didn't sleep much last night?

    "I think, we all think, you earned it. So you remember the talk I had with Aaron yesterday?" I nod again still not quiet sure where this is going to lead. "We want you as out sixth man, or woman." I look from Elton to Colby and back to the man with the beard.

    "What? That's a joke, right?" Both shake their heads. "You want that I come with you to New Zealand?" I want to make clear. Now they nod. "I-I don't know what to say... I can't do this. Did you ask Brennen or Devyn or someone else?" Katrina enters the room together with Sam.

   "You told her about New Zealand?" the blond boy asks.

    "They did, but I can't do this." I answer his question. Katrina looks sad suddenly.

    "You can! I would be so happy." I tilt my head a little and frown.

    "Katrina comes too. She asked if we can ask you, 'cause she don't want to be the only female there." Elton explains and I look to the dark haired girl. She comes over and sits down next to me at the piano bench.

    "Please come with us. Elton claimed you like New Zealand." Kat says sounding pleading. I slightly smile.

    "I do! And I wanna go there a hundred percent, but I... you know me for how long? Three days? That's too much. You guys already let me live here and a trip to New Zealand is too much. Why don't you ask Devyn?"

   "She can't. She has to work." I sigh and run with my left hand through my hair. On the one hand I really wanna go there with them, but on the other... I don't know them that well yet and neither do they know about me. They know less about me than I know about them.

    "But I don't have that much clothes." I say as an excuse and because it's true.

 "I need to do something in the city anyways. We can go shopping after this." I look to Colby, into his blue eyes and I bite my lower lips. I feel all looks at me, then I lean back a little, so my back touches the piano and I breath out long and deeply.

    "Okay, I'll come." Katrina squeaks and hugs me happy. Sam, Elton and especially Colby smile happy too. I have to smile too, because it's so cute how happy they are about me saying yes.

    "Great. I'm gonna change and then we can go already. As long as you have nothing to do here and now." I smile to Colby.

    "No, that's fine."

Half an hour later we get out of Colbys car. He has to meet with a friend, because of something. I don't really care. They wanna meet at a little restaurant, what's perfect because it's lunch time and I'm hungry again. I actually slept only one and a half hours this night, but I'm full of energy. Colby had to feel it in his car. He turned on the radio and I sang along to nearly every song. Oh, and I danced as good as I could in the car (like Liza dances in her car)

    We enter the restaurant, Colby with a box in his hand, and he looks for his friend. Not that far away he spots them and tells me to follow him. I do so.