Karaoke

"Karaoke bar?" He smiles at the building and nods a little.

   "Karaoke bar." I smile too and shake my head. He turns to me. "You wanna go?" I nod.

   "Yes!" With that he pulls me inside.

We get embrace in a good mood and a drunk person giving his best impression of Dancing Queen as we look for a table to sit at.

   "You know that you have to go up there." Colby claims while pulling me with him.

   "I don't know if I'm awake enough to do this, so no." I say. I really don't know if I want to go up there.

   "There are no excuses." Colby pulls me to a table right in front of the little stage. I sit down and grab the menu to order something to drink. "Here." I look up and frown. He holds a hoodie to me.

   "Wow. Where does that come from?" Colby didn't wear it before, I'm nearly a hundred percent sure about that.

   "Had it in my car. And you have goosebumps so take it." I take it and look at him sceptical. He's just wearing a t shirt too.

   "You have a second one?" He finally sits down right next to me to look at the menu too. I hold it so he can look in it with me.

   "I'll just cuddle you if I get cold." I smile and put his hoodie on immediately having his scent in my nose and a comfortable warmth going through my body. "You decided yet?" I nod.

   "Yea. I just gonna take a water." In this moment the singer finally finished his version, drunk and not that good version, of Dancing Queen.

   "Who's up next?!" the host asks and looks around.

   "Here! She wants!" I turn wide eyed to Colby and slap his raised arm.

   "No! Stop it!" I whisper-yell, but too late. The host already holds his hand towards me and smiles. I look mad at Colby. "I hate you for this." He just smiles holding his phone to me. Argh! He and his snapchat!

   I sigh, stand up and let me pull up on stage from the host.

   "What's your name?" he asks me smiling.

   "Elli." He turns to the crowd bright smiling.

   "Guys, give it up for Elli!" The people cheer and clap what makes me blush. "I bet that's your boyfriend?" I smile and nod. "You know what you wanna sing?" I shake my head. Colby just threw me on stage, obviously I don't know... Wait.

   "Actually. I have." I tell him the song and he nods smiling before he goes to his laptop.

   "Ladies and gentleman! Here is Elli with The (Shipped) Gold Standard by Fall Out Boy!" A bunch of people cheer, Colby too. I know he likes Fall Out Boy and I was obsessed with this song lately, so why not?

   The music starts and the lyrics appears on the screen in front of me. I take a deep breath before I start to sing.

   "Sometimes I wanna quit this all and become an accountant now, but I'm no good at math and besides the dollar is down. Plant palm trees on Lake Michigan before it gets cold, I gotta feel the wind chill again before I get old.

I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs, but I'm afraid that someone else will hear me.

You can blame your problems on the world for so long, before it all becomes the same old song. As soon as we hit the hospital I know we're gonna leave this town and get new passports and get get get get get out now.

All the Yes men said 'no comment', my mouth got going the wrong way and all the calls started snowing. The time my dad caught me a horse shoe crab and I asked him if throwing it back into the sea would bring our luck back.

I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs, but I'm afraid that someone else will hear me.

You can blame your problems on the world for so long, before it all becomes the same old song. As soon as we hit the hospital I know we're gonna leave this town and get new passports, get out now.

Tell that boy I'll leave you alone now. Like a stove, I'll turn my love down. Supra and the prophet are both in the business of souls.

I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs, but I'm afraid that someone else will hear me. I wanna scream 'I love you' from the top of my lungs, but I'm afraid that someone else will hear me.

You can only blame your problems on the world for so long, before it all becomes the same old song. As soon as we hit the hospital I know we're gonna leave this town and get new passports and get get get get get out, get get get get get out now!"

I finish singing and everyone in this room applauds, more or less depending on their alcohol level. I smile and blush as the host puts an arm around my shoulder.

   "Give it up for Elli again! This was great." I continue smiling and finally leave the stage to sit back down next to Colby. He holds his phone in my face.

   "I hate you for making me do that." I say and chuckle, because it was pretty fun to be frankly.

   "Come on! You liked it." I roll my eyes.

   "Yea, I did and I'm definitely more awake now." In that moment a waitress with two glasses of water comes to us and puts them in front of us.

   "You have a great voice, Elli." she claims. I thank her smiling, then she looks to Colby. "And don't worry. I won't tell anyone about you two." Colby and my face freezes for a split second.

  "You know me? You know us?" Colby asks and the young woman nods with a slight smile.

   "Yea and I totally support you two, but as I said. I won't tell anyone even though most of your fans already believe that you're dating." Colby and I smile at her.

   "Thanks. We just wanna wait before we yell it out into the world." I explain and Colby takes my hand that's laying on the table.

   "Well, anyways. I have to get back to work." And with this she leaves us. Colby and I exchange a smile.

As we drive back to the mansion we both sing along to Fall Out Boy from Colbys phone. The mood is very good even though we both are tired. It's already a little after 4am and I have work today. I won't survive this. Dylan will have to wake me up every ten minutes. This gonna be a rough day...

We arrive at the mansion the moment Alone Together ends. We get out of the car and thanks to the chilly air I get a little more tired.

   "I think I'll try to sleep. At least a little bit before I have to get up and go to work." I say and yawn.

   "That's probably a good idea." Colby says and chuckles. So we go upstairs to his room and I literally fall in his bed and close my eyes. I fall asleep immediately.

~~~~~~~~~~

I really love the shipped gold standard... And most of the FOB songs :D