Don't Waste It On Me

As we enter the house I already have a plan how to talk to Colby about this whole interrupting me before I can say the l-word thing.

   "What do you wanna do?" he asks me and closes the door behind me.

   "I don't know. Watching a movie?" That's really the only thing I can think of. Boring, right?

   "So be it. Let's see what's coming on tv." He jumps at the couch and I follow him smiling.

  "Hey." I say as I sit down criss crossed and look at him straight. Colby is half laying, but is sitting up as he sees my serious look.

   "What is it?" he asks me a little concerned.

   "I just wanna thank you again. For telling me I should call Sophie and stuff." Colby smiles. "You have most of the time good ideas." I say and he looks at me with open mouth.

   "Most of the time?!" I chuckle and nod.

   "Yes, and I love-" And just as I thought. He kisses me again to interrupt me. I put my hands on his chest and push me back a little. "Why are you doing this?" I ask him. He looks as if he has no plan what I'm talking about.

   "What do you mean?" I tilt my head a little to the right and sigh.

   "Colby, once is an accident, twice is a coincidence, but three times, that's a pattern (quote from Teen Wolf!). Why do you always kiss me when I am about to say 'I lov-" Colby interrupts me again, but this time by putting his index finger on my lips.

   "Don't waste it on me, Elli." I frown confused.

   "Why should it be wasted on you? I say it, because I mean it." I say as he runs with one hand through his hair and sighs.

   "I never told you, because I don't wanna waste my time with thinking about the past, but I have a ex who cheated on me. She cheated on me with one of my best friends back then. This person even lied about that as I knew it and he knew that I knew. At the end we broke up and the next day he was in a relationship with this now ex." I look at him surprised.

   "I had no idea, I'm sorry." I say honest, but Colby shakes his head.

   "Don't be sorry, I'm happy it's over and those people are the past. I don't wanna think about them. Anyways, after that I did regret the times I told her I would love her, because if I'm frankly, I never really loved her. I don't want that you regret telling me you love me. And I'm really careful saying those three words since then." Part of me is sad, because of the story, but I'm slightly smiling. I take Colbys hand and stroke the back of his hand with my thumb. I look him in the eyes.

   "Cole Robert Brock, I promise you that I won't regret telling you that I love you. Even if we should break up, what I'm not hoping, I wouldn't regret telling you this. Right now I feel that way and if we shouldn't be together anymore one day I love you right now and that won't change." I tell him serious. "So, Cole. I love you, okay?" He smiles before he puts his left hand on my cheek/jawline and moves closer, but stops an inch away from my face.

   "You're so beautiful." he claims and kisses me passionately. Our lips move against each other in need. By now they know what to do so I don't have to think about what next. I put my hands behind his neck, as nearly always. Colby by now leans over me and I'm laying on my back, as suddenly someone knocks at the door. We both fall from the couch because of the surprise and we start to laugh.

   Colby stands up first and helps me up before we go to the door together, I am behind him.

   My boyfriend opens the door.

   "How can I help?" At the door is a guy, not that much older than us.

   "Don't tell me you don't recognize your old pal? It's me, Will." A light bulb seems to appear over Colbys head.

   "What are you doing here?" His voice doesn't sound happy. More like... angry?

   That Will-guy looks me up and down, what makes me feel a little uncomfortable.

   "Who's that?" the guy asks. Colby immediately takes my hand and steps a little in front of me to cover me from Wills stares.

   "She's non of your business. I ask a last time, what do you want?" Colbys voice is demanding.

   "Just wanted to say hi to an old friend. Anyways, see you." He looks at Colby, then to me. "And hopefully see you soon." Oh my... I could vomit.

   Colby slams the door shut and I look at him worried. I put my hand on his shoulder blade.

   "Who was that?" I ask careful. Colby turns around and walks back into the living room, leaving me standing in front of the door. "Colby, please tell me." I follow him. He is already sitting on the couch, zapping through the different channels.

   "That guy who used to be my friend." he just says, sounding pretty angry. I sit down next to him, still concerned.

   "The one your ex..." I'm a little scared to ask further, but Colby just nods before he turns to face me, furious eyes.

   "Did you see how he looked at you? Like you're some food and he's a hungry tiger." Colby says sounding furious too.

   "It's okay, he's an ass." I say calming.

   "I bet he'll try to get you just like her." It breaks my heart to see him like that, so I pull him in a hug that he returns after a short moment of hesitation.

   "Don't worry, baby. Nothing's gonna bring me to leave you, okay. Remember? I love you." I say quiet. Colby pulls away and looks at me with a slight smile.

   "Thanks babe. You're beautiful." I smile and take the remote control away from him.

   "Let's watch some girl stuff. Like... Barbie?" I say joking.

   "Never!" I hold up the remote to keep it away from him, but Colby just falls on top of me and takes the remote. "We gonna watch something happy and funny and I know what." Colby, still laying on top of me, starts to enter a title into the search bar.

   "Could you get off of me?" I ask giggling.

   "Hm... Nah, I like it this way right now." I smile and shake my head as I look what he is looking for. Pirates of the Caribbean! I will accept this choice satisfied, but Colby is getting heavier.

   "Please, baby, sit up! You're squishing me!" I say and he finally sits up. I do so too. "Thanks." I say and kiss his cheek.

   "Can I get another one? But right here?" He points at his lips. I roll my eyes smiling and give him a quick kiss on the lips just like he asked for. He makes an unhappy noise before he puts his hand on my jawline just like minutes ago and pulls me close to give me a longer kiss.

   Then we start to watch the movie, I'm laying in his arms, feeling save and happy with his right arm over my shoulder and his left one at my thigh.