Stormy weather

It's the next day and it's raining really heavy outside. I sit at the little dining area of the RV and look outside. Elton calls different people to organize some things and reorganize, because of the rain. The others are talking or doing different stuff, I don't really care.

   I turn away from the window as Colby sits down next to me. I smile at him and so does he.

   "Your phone made some noise. Aren't you interested what it is?" I look at my phone and I have indeed a message. It's a mail. I frown as I unlock my phone. I was so in my thoughts that I didn't hear it.

   "What is it?" Colby asks interested. I smile and open the mail.

   "Why do you ca–" I stop as I see the sender. "C-can you stand up?" I ask without looking up. He hesitates, but stands up and I run outside. Lucky me, my phone is waterproof.

   I walk quick through the rain. As soon as I stepped out I'm soaked. I go to a bench across the parking lot where the RV is parked. I sit down and feel already the tears rolling down my cheekes, mixing with the rain.

"Hey Elli, you're okay?" Colby sits down next to me. Again. I wipe with my arm over my face.

   "Yea, I'm fine. You shouldn't have come here. You're getting sick." I say and sniff.

   "Says the girl that sits in the pouring rain for like 30 minutes." I look at him shocked.

   "30 minutes?" He laughs.

   "Yes. And now tell me what's wrong." I sigh and look at the ground in front of me.

   "This mail... It's from my grandma. She died around two weeks ago and we were pretty close. That's her last words for me and I just..." He wraps an arm around my shoulder and pulls me closer.

   "I understand. She is in a better place now." I lean my head against his shoulder.

   "I'm getting cold. Let us go back to the RV."

In the RV Kat gave us immediately towels. Now I sit again at the place next to the window, but this time I lean against Colby. I have fresh clothes on, a hoddie from Colby, 'cause my few long sleeved things I brought are deep down in my suitcase and I didn't want to throw everything else out. And I have two blankets around me. It wasn't that great idea to sit outside in the pouring rain for half an hour.

   "Sad news. We won't be able to swim with sharks." Elton says over dramatically sad. Corey cheers. He wasn't excited about this and me neither.

   "Guys, I'm hungry. Can we go out to eat?" Sam asks. I sigh and sit straight up.

   "Sure, why not? We can get a taxi." says Elton. I yawn.

   "I'll stay here. I'm not really hungry and I'm tired." I say. No one knows why I went outside. They asked, but as I didn't answer, they let it go. They saw that I didn't want to talk about it and I'm thankful. And I guess Colby gave them a look that says I don't wanna talk about that.

   "We can bring you something. In case you get hungry?" I smile and nod.

   "That would be nice. Thanks."

 "Well, I'm gonna order a cab." Elton says and grabs his phone again.

   "Can you stand up?" I ask Colby, who looked at me sceptical.

   "You're not running outside again, are you?" I smile and shake my head. He stands up and I climb in my bed. It's the one over driver and passenger seat and I share it with Kat. Elton and Corey share the one in the back and Colby and Sam share the one you can transform from the seating/eating area to a bed.

I wake up by something falling down. I turn around and see Colby picking up a fork.

   "Why are you still here?" I asks with a sleepy voice. He turns to me and smiles.

   "I'm sorry. I didn't want to wake you up."

 "It's okay, but that doesn't answer my question." He scraches the back of his head.

   "I thought you could use some company when you wake up." I smile and feel heat rise in my cheeks.

   "That's nice, thanks." I say and climb out of the bed. It is still raining outside and I wince as I hear thunder. Well, it looks like it's stormy outside now.

   "Are you scared?" Colby asks, looking concerned and amused at the same time to me.

   "Of thunder? No." The world get's bright for a moment as a lightning strickes and I jump again as the thunder sounds. "Maybe." I admit. I never liked thunder, but I love rain and lightning.

   "Don't worry, I'm here." Now I'm really glad he didn't go with the others. I sit down and look in the dark sky.

   "My granny and I used to watch the lightning bolds. She was always next to me and she was my... My anchor. I wasn't scared with her. Never. And now she is gone. Forever." Colby puts his laptop on the desk and sits down next to me.

   "We gonna watch a movie." I look at him smiling. "You will forget about the thunder. You know a movie you wanna watch?" I nod.

   "Yeah, there is this one called Remember Me." He turns to me and smiles.

   "Remember Me it is."

I hold sobbing my hand covert in the sleeve of Colby's hoodie in front of my mouth. Tears roll down my cheek.

   "Why did they do this, Colby?! Why are they doing this to me?" I ask and look over to him as they roll the credits.

   "You need a hug?" he asks and I nod. In the next moment he pulls me closer.

   "Thank you, Colby." I say and sniff against his chest.

   "For making you cry?" he asks laughing. I shake my head and look up into his blue eyes.

   "For giving me a place to live and for being here. For doing this." He smiles and his eyes go from my eyes to my lips and back. In the next moment he leans down and puts his lips on mine. I close my eyes and move my lips against his as I put my arms around his neck and pull myself a little further up. He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me on his lap.