Talking

At the beginning it was a little bit awkward between Colby and me, but after a while it got normal again. We had a great time and it was really fun. I even bought some things I normally wouldn't even think about trying on because of him.

   Back at the house, Sam needs Colby for something. He looks at me.

   "We talk after this." he says, leaving no space for complains. I nod and watch him leave outside. I put the suitcase I bought and in which my bought clothes are, next to my old suitcase. I bought a new one, because I have nothing where I can put in the things that I'm not taking with me to New Zealand. So I'll take the new one with me to New Zealand and leave my old one here.

   As I wanna put my suitcase down, I recognize that my older one isn't there. I look around in the room, frowning. Maybe someone did put it somewhere else, because it shouldn't be in a video. I'm just gonna ask the others, but I need water first.

   So I go to the kitchen, where Katrina is sitting and doing something on her phone. She looks up as I enter and we smile at each other.

   "Have you seen my suitcase? Has Sam brought them somewhere so they aren't in a video?" Kat frowns and shakes her head.

   "Not that I know. Why?" I take a water bottle and pour something of the liquid in a glass.

   "It isn't there, where I left it. Maybe it was Corey..."

"Maybe... How was your day with Colby? You found clothes?" I smile and sit down on the other side of the table, so I can look at her straight.

   "It was... interesting?" Kat frowns again.

   "Interesting? What happened?" I take a sip of the water.

   "Well, we met with Brennen and Maggie for lunch. It was great, both beautiful persons." Katrina nods, following my words. "Brennen and Maggie left before Colby and me and I had to wait outside for Colby, 'cause he needed to pee. So I scrolled through my social media, as someone approached me. It was a guy I had contact to around two years ago. He is a really strange person and so I asked Colby to pretend to be my boyfriend, so I could get rid of him. This guy, his name is Jake, insisted that we prove it and after he claimed, he would find out where I live, Colby kissed me." Kats mouth smashes the ground.

   "What?"

"I know and it wasn't a small kiss on the cheek, or maybe even my lips. It was a kiss-kiss. A passionated, real kiss between girlfriend and boyfriend. After this we went to the car and he apologized and I somehow told him, that it's okay, even though I thought my first kiss would be not this way." Her mouth reaches the earth core. I feel the heat rise in my cheeks as I blush again.

   "That was your first kiss?!" I nod. "What did he say?"

"He made a big deal out of it and he wants to talk to me about this." I sigh and drink the rest of my water in one big gulp.

   "For him it's a big deal. I bet he will explain why. How was it for you? I mean, how was your first kiss?" I blush even more.

   "I don't know... Surprising. I guess."

"You're sad it was Colby?" I guess, I blush even more.

   "N-no... not really. He is a great guy and I like him." She smirks and raises an eyebrow.

   "You like him, huh?" I roll my eyes and smile.

   "Yes, I like him. I have no idea what you wanna say with that statement." She laughs and so do I.

   "Hey Elli, you coming?" I look left to see Colby pointing behind him.

   "Yes, I'm coming." I say to him and stand up to go to the brunette boy.

   "Let's do it in my room." I nod and follow him to the stairs. Katrina yells "I ship it!" as we are half way up the stairs and I shake my head smiling. I wouldn't complain, honestly. He is a great guy and a good kisser, if I can say so, but there is this one black haired problem... And why should he... I mean, look at me. I'm not special, not in any way. I know it's stupid to think that way, but it is.

In his room we sit down on his bed. I lean against the wall and pull my knees to me. Colby leans on the other wall, cross-legged. He looks at me, I look at him, before I talk.

   "So, what do you wanna talk about?"

"You never had a boyfriend?" I blush and look at my knees.

   "No." is my short answer. I don't know why I'm so shy about this. Where is the problem at being 18 and being single for this 18 years?

   "Who was that guy? He seems really strange."

"I know." I look back to him. "His name is Jake something, I forgot, and he is 21 now, I think. We met on kik and first we got along really well, but then he changed. He started to control my life. He told me with which of my friends I could hang out, even though I had and still have only one really good friend and it's a she. After maybe ten months he claimed I should move to him, to New York, and live with him. His controlling got worse and then I just stopped texting him. End of this story. I had no idea that he lives here now. I'm sorry, again." Colby smiles.

   "It's totally fine. I'm sorry about that kiss. I should-"

"You should nothing! It's okay, Colby. You did the right thing. He would still be on our heels, if you haven't done this." I smile to show him that it's really okay and I have no problem with the kiss.

   "You know, it's just..." he beginns and runs kind of nervous with his hand through his brown hair. "For me it is important to have things like the first kiss or the first time with the right person and-"

"Okay, I see. You think you aren't the right person to have the first kiss with?" It's the first time ever I see Colbys cheeks getting slightly red. I have to smile and change my sitting position so I sit cross-legged too. "I think there are worse people to have my first kiss with. Jake, for example." Now he smiles again and we look into each others eyes. His are so beautiful deep blue. I always had a thing for guys with blue eyes.

   "So you're cool with this?" I smile bright.

"Yes. You saved my life with this kiss. You saved my life pretty often in under a week now." We laugh as someone comes in. It's Devyn.

   "Elli, I need your help." I look to Colby, he nods smiling. I stand up to follow Devyn out of the room.