Climbing And Threats

1,2k reads, frens! Thank you!

~~~~~~~

It's the next day as we enter the forest where we gonna pretend to be Tarzan, well Kat and I gonna be Jane. I told the others what my mother meant with I'm rich and the stuff yesterday. They understood why I didn't tell them and I explained, that I wanna earn my money and that I'm not gonna use the money from my granny to live a luxurious live. Colby held my hand the whole time to support me. Argh! I wanna talk with him about this, but I also like those little gestures and I'm a little worried that he won't do them if we would come together. Or even worse, that he don't want to be in a relationship with me and when I talk to him about this, that he stops and our friendship gets weird.

   Anyways, we are walking through the trees as I speak up.

   "Guys, I have to tell you something." I start and everyone is looking to me. "I'm a little bit afraid of heights, but I wanna do everything what you do, because I know it's fun and nothing will happen to me. So when I wanna leave, stop me. For–"

"Wait!" Elton points his camera at me and I smile and shake my head. "Please repeat." I sigh and look in the camera.

   "I'm afraid of heights and I know I will try to get away if it gets too high for me. So if this happens, you have to stop me. You can push me up to the first platform if necessary. I wanna do every course that you guys do."

And that's what happened as we are in front of the last and highest obstacle course. I look up and shake my head.

   "I-I can't do this. The last one was hard enough, this one is too high." I walk a few steps backwards before I turn around and walk away in a quicker pace. I hear Colby say "I got her." before I hear fast steps coming after me.

   "Elli, you said you will–" I turn around, keep walking backwards and hold both of my hands out to keep the boy away.

   "I don't care what I said. I'm not doing this. I'm no–" I yell in surprise as Colby grabs my waist, lifts me up and a second later throws me over his shoulder. I wrap my arms automatically around his stomach so I don't fall head first on the ground. "I swear, if you drop me..."

 "I'm not gonna drop you, Elli." he assures me and carrys me back to the others.

A few moments later I see a goPro in front of me.

   "You told us we can do this." Elton says. I smile and roll my eyes as Colby lets me down again.

   "I hate you all." I say with crossed arms. "But fine... I'll do it, when someone is in front of me and behind me."

 "Sure thing. I can go first, then you and... who ever after you." suggests Colby and I nod agreeing. So Colby starts climbing up to the first platform. I look back.

   "Don't even think about it, Elli." says Sam with crossed arms. I puff and hook me in to follow Colby.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. There were several moment I could swear that I'm gonna die, but I didn't. I'm still alive.

  We walked through a city near the national park and sit now in a restaurant. It's a smaller one, not many people around, but it's pretty.