Lose My Mind

I stand up and say Dylan to take my phone as I walk to the hallway. It's Sam, Kat and Colby.

   "How are you?" Colby asks as soon as he sees me. He comes to me and gives me a steaming paper cup from Starbucks.

   "It's a little better, still feel kinda weird, but it's okay. What's that?" I ask and hold the cup in my hand.

   "Hot chocolate." I smile bright.

   "Thank you! That wasn't neca–" He interrupts me by pulling me in a hug. "Colby, don't! I don't wanna infect you." He tightens the hug a little.

   "I don't care." Then he pulls away and smiles. I take a cautious sip of the still pretty hot liquid.

   "Oh my goodness! I love you!" I say satisfied, but blush as soon as I realize what I just said. Colby smiles and looks up behind me, where Dylan is. He smiles and lifts up his hand as a greeting.

   "Hey Dylan." he says as Dylan comes and stands next to me.

   "Hey Colby." Dylan greets back, then he leans to me. "Most of your followers ship you two. I do too." he claims quiet. I blush an push my colleague playfully.

   "Shut up!" I say and take my phone back. He's right. There are a bunch of hashtag Elby in the comments, but of course a bunch of negative stuff too. I turn back to front camera so they see me again. Colby gets behind me and puts his elbows on my shoulders and crosses his arms behind my neck. "So guys, erm, I'm gonna turn that off now." Immediately they disagree, because Colby and I 'look so fucking cute together'. "Go watch the video I uploaded yesterday, if you haven't yet. Colby here" I pet his head "had the idea that I should film me singing and so he did the camera." I explain.

   "Answer this question!" Colby suddenly says and scrolls back up at the comments. Then he points at one.

   "Did you sing the song about someone?" I read the question and see how I blush a little on my screen. I sigh before I answer. "Yes, yes I did. And now bye. Maybe I'll do it again soon, 'cause that was fun. So bye!" I end the stream and put my phone away.

   "Elli? I gotta go." Dylan says looking at his phone. I smile as I see his bright smile.

   "Is Bradlee calling?" He blushes and nods. "Then go and kiss you boyfriend!"

 "We're not together!" he says and blushes.

   "Yet! Now go. See you on monday." Dylan nods and leaves. "And could you get off of my shoulders?" I ask turning my head to face Colby. He does as I told, but wraps his arms around my waist and puts his head on my shoulder. I sigh, but smile.

   "For whom did you sing that song?" he asks and again is the heat rising in my cheeks. I manage to get out of his grab and walk back to the gaming room, where I left my Ben&Jerry's. I sip at the hot chocolate to avoid the question. Why am I embaressed about the fact that I sang it for him?

   "How was your time with Brennen?" I ask instead and totally avoid the question.

   "Good. We had fun, he told me about Dylan and Bradlee. They seem to get along really well." I smile as I sit back down in the lovesac.

   "By the way, I'm sorry for yesterday. I felt really bad after Dyl and I left for work." Colby throws himself behind me and I nearly spill my hot chocolate. "Colby!" I exclaim surprise. He laughs and I can't help it but giggle.

   "Yea?" he asks innocent.

   "Elli!" Kat walks in the gaming room, bright smiling. "Look what Sam just showed me!" Sam walks behind her a little slower. Kat gives me his phone.

   It's a picture of me and Colby editing yesterday as my legs were on his and we both were deep in the world of editing our videos.

   "I didn't recognize you getting in at some point." I say looking up to Sam. He smiles, putting his arms around Kat just like Colby did to me just a  minute ago.

   "I wanted to ask Colby something and then I saw you sitting there and I just had to take a picture." I smile as my phone makes a noise.

   "I sended it to you." Kat explains and gives the phone back to Sam. I open the message and smile.

   "I like the picture." I mumble more to myself than to anyone else.

   "Then post it or something." I look to Colby.

   "Sam! We gotta go!" Kat exclaims and pulls Sam out of the room. I frown for a second, but look back to Colby.

   "You sure I can post it?" He changes his sitting position and I sit now between his legs. He snatches my phone and opens Instagram. "Cole Robert Brock! That's not nice." I say and chuckle, not taking myself serious.

   "I'm not nice." he claims with one of his funny voices as he cuts the picture so you can see me, but not him. "I cut myself out of pictures." He tags Sam for taking the picture and writes 'Caption this' as the caption. I smile and shake my head as he gives me my phone back. Colby crosses his arms in front of my stomach and pulls me close so I lean against his chest. I sigh happy. We could lay the rest of the day like this, I wouldn't mind.

I nearly would have fallen asleep as Colby clears his throat, but I keep my eyes closed. I just make a sound so he knows that I'm awake. Well, at least half awake.

   "You didn't answer my question, Elli." he says. What question? I make a confused sound and sit straight up with eyes wide open as soon as the sound left my mouth. Colby poked my side and it scared me a little, if I'm honest. I just didn't think that he would poke me.

   "What was that for?" I ask now awake again. Colby just smiles.

   "You didn't answer my question. For whom did you sing the song?" I take a deep breath and look at the floor.

   "Just this one weird guy who spilled my hot chocolate in Starbucks over me, but bought me a new one." Colby slaps the lovesac.

   "Dammit! I kinda hoped you sang it for me." I roll my eyes and stand up.

   "I hate you." I say smiling and stand up, but get pulled back down by Colby. I land stomach first on him, but catch myself with my arms left and right from him.

   "No you don't. You said you love me." I chuckle and shake my head.

   "I said it about the hot chocolate, not you, silly." I say smiling, but I bet I blushed again so I stand up and grab the empty Starbucks cup and the melted ice cream to bring it to the kitchen. Colby jumps up too and takes the ice out of my left hand just to take my hand and intertwine our fingers. I smile, but don't look at him.

In the kitchen I throw the paper cup away and Colby let go of my hand, but only to engulf me in a hug.

   "What is wrong with you, Cole?" I ask giggling.

   "Can't I hug a person I really like?" he mumbles against my head before he presses a short kiss on top of it. I smile and return the hug.

   "Aww! I really like you too." I say truthfully. He interrupts the hug and looks at me serious.

   "I mean it. I really, really do like you." I bite my lip to hide the smile that's creeping on my face, but mission failed.

   "I mean it too and you know what?" Now or never, before we get interrupted by someone again. "I'm done playing these games and I can't believe what I'm about to say, but..." Colby looks at me curious. I hope I don't regret it. "Kiss me before I fucking lose my mind."