Sweetness Of Sleep

As I come back, Colby is on his phone and I decide to try and scare him. So I sneak as quiet as I can to him. I make myself small, so he's not seeing me. I stop behind the couch and suddenly Colby jumps up and yells "Don't even try!" so I jump and fall backwards at my ass.

   "Colby! You fu-..."

 "C'mon! You sneaked up to me." I stand up and go to the couch to sit down.

   "It's possible, but is it plausible?" He raises an eyebrow.

   "What?" I smile and shake my head.

   "Not that important. What shall we watch?" I ask looking at him.

   "I don't know. You claimed you have a watchlist to finish. Say the title and I'll find it." I smile and open the Netflix app on my phone, but then someone calls me. 'Mom' is written in white letters over my screen. I sigh and decline.

   "Who was it?" Colby asks curious. I don't look up and go to my watchlist.

   "My mom."

 "Why didn't you take the call?" I hear him moving and I look up. His right knee is now at the couch and his right hand is laying at the rest. He is facing me, looking a little confused.

   "She should respect, that it's night here."

 "But she's in a hospital. You don't wanna make sure she's alright?" I shake my head and my phone rings again. It's again my mom, but before I can decline again, Colby takes it and answeres the call.

   "Hey, here is Colby, a friend of your daughter." – "Aha, yeah, she's right beside me." Since when is my mom talking english? "Of course! I hand you over." He's holding my phone to me, but I shake my head.

   "I'm not talking to her, Colby." He tilts his head and I look in his ocean eyes. I sigh and take my phone. I won't talk to her. Just a little reminder it's night in LA. "Wenn du das nächste mal anrufst, sei dir sicher es ist Tag bei mir. Ich rede nicht mit dir, wenn es mitten in der Nacht ist und ich normalerweise schlafe." (When you call the next time, be sure it's day where I am. I'm not gonna talk to you in the middle of the night when I'm normally asleep.) And with this, I hang up.

   "What did you say?" Colby asks looking sceptical at me.

   "I told her she can call when it's not night here. I told you, I won't talk to her." He doesn't want to, but he is smiling.

   "Fine. So what do you wanna watch?" he comes finally back to Netflix.

   "I really wanna start Riverdale. You okay with that?" I ask looking to him. Colby is already starting the show. I put my phone next to me and find a comfortable sitting position to enjoy the show.

But already 30 minutes into the first episode, I feel my eyelids get heavier and heavier. So I decide to close them for a few seconds to get them a rest for a short moment. I thought so! As soon as I close them, it feels so good and I feel sleep crawling in every inch of my body. I sigh and decide to give up as I feel something move and there is suddenly a warmth on my left side. Automatically my head drops to the side and I change my position while I'm half asleep. Then the sleep takes all of me as a prisoner.

I wake up to the smell of pancakes. And... laying on someone? I look around and find myself half laying on Colby. I sit up immediately and run with my hands through my hair. What happened a few hours ago? We watched Riverdale, at least started to watch it. Oh yes! I wanted to close my eyes for a short moment, but I slipped into the sweetness of sleep. And this warmth I felt, it had to be Colby. I look over to him, still sleeping. It looks really cute and I have to smile.

   "Hey, Elli. You're awake." Sam says, looking to me from the hallway.

   "Yeah, just woke up. Am I smelling pancakes?" He smiles.

   "Katrina and I made some. You wanna have some for late breakfast?" I immediately jump off the couch and go to the kitchen. "I guess that's a yes." Sam says amused.