Between Enemy Lines (Chapter 11)

Between Enemy Lines

Chapter Eleven

Eliza was stressed out, the lawyer told her that she would need to come to court in a month so a court could decide who would get custody of Noah. What Eliza didn't know was that Bray and Dean seemed to fight each other every time they saw each other. There was a lot of noise going on and Eliza went to see what was going on. Noah was busy and wasn't paying much attention to what was going on. Eliza was curious as to what was going on and only planned on being gone for a minute. One thing Eliza was learning was she didn't have to be with Noah every second of every day. She did feel bad because it always seemed like she would need someone else to watch him while she was busy with other things. Eliza went down the hallway and found out Bray and Dean were fighting. There was a lot of yelling going on, but mainly physical fighting. Dean had come up to Bray and blamed him for Eliza not wanting to be with him. Dean was the one that started the fight, but Bray ended it when he grabbed Dean and hit Sister Abigail on a nearby wall. This was enough to temporarily knock Dean out. Eliza was terrified by what she just saw.

"Oh my God! Bray! What did you do?!"

"I'm sorry Eliza... I didn't expect for you to come up here. Dean left me no choice."

Eliza was terrified and worried about Dean and started crying.

"Oh my God... you could have killed him."

Bray was quiet now. There was something that he hadn't told Eliza, something about his past. Now after she saw what he did to Dean, he was afraid of telling her. He held his head down.

"I'm sorry you had to see that Eliza... I guess Dean isn't the only one with an anger problem."

"I have feelings for both of you... how am I supposed to choose? You two aren't making it any easier on me by fighting. I already know I can't have you both..."

Bray thought of something.

"Maybe you could..."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm saying maybe you could have us both... not at the same time of course."

"What are you suggesting Bray?"

"I'm saying, maybe you could date both of us. You said you have feelings for both of us. Why not try dating one of us for one week, and then the other the next week. A week... maybe a month. Maybe test out what you want, who you want to be with, and what you're comfortable with."

"I think... that's actually a pretty good idea Bray. Are you sure you're up for it?"

"Sure... whatever works. I'd be ok with it. You'd have to ask Ambrose when he wakes up."

"If he wakes up... How do I know that he's still alive?"

"He's still alive... he's still breathing. He had it coming... I'm willing to let you choose who you want to be with, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to fight for you."

Eliza was touched by this, but was concerned about Dean.

"Bray... could you please just... leave? You're not making this any easier. I need to talk to Dean about this."

Bray knew that fighting with Dean wasn't going to help him with Eliza. Bray only nodded as he slowly backed away. He realized that he may have went too far hitting Dean with Sister Abigail on the wall. He left and went down a different hallway, he couldn't look at Eliza as he thought about something that happened in his past. He had scared her by what he did to Dean. If she knew what happened in his past, he wouldn't have a chance with her. Eliza crouched down to Dean's level and placed her hands on his head. He was slowly starting to regain consciousness. He was really confused seeing her.