Between Enemy Lines (Chapter 40)

Between Enemy Lines

Chapter Forty

Eliza couldn't believe this was happening, Bray had everything set up perfectly. They had been out on the lake fishing and enjoying each other's company and watching the sunset. They were on their way back when the boat suddenly stopped. At first, she was worried about there being a problem with the boat. She went to go grab Bray's toolbox and looked for a few things that were inside. At first she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her, she saw a small black engagement ring box. Then when Bray came over to her, grabbed the box, and went down on one knee, that was when she knew what was happening. There wasn't anything wrong with the boat, he had planned everything. He had the biggest smile on his face when he saw her reaction, Eliza listened to everything he had to say and he finally asked her. He wanted to make things official, he had been using the word family a lot. This is what he wanted, and this is what Eliza had always dreamed about, being married and starting a family. Now it could finally happen, all she had to do was give him an answer.

"Yes! Yes Bray I will!"

Bray was kneeling right in front of her and she pretty much tackled him with a hug almost knocking him over. They held onto each other and Eliza started crying. She kissed him passionately as he ran a hand through her hair. When they finally broke apart, Bray slid the ring on her finger, then looked at her as she was wiping the tears from her eyes.

"Beautiful... right where it belongs."

"I can't believe this is really happening... I mean... I've always dreamed about it as a kid, but never believed it would happen with the way my life has been going."

"Eliza... what happened in your past doesn't matter anymore, and my past must not matter to you. We're together now, we can finally be a family and nothing else matters."

"I've never been this happy Bray. Ever since we met... you've always been so good to me. Ever since you adopted Noah and I found out I was pregnant, I started hoping that one day you would marry me."

"I think I knew... right when you moved in that I wanted to marry you. I don't know if you knew or not, but from the night we first slept together, all the way until now, I would gently kiss you, and whisper in your ear that one day I was going to marry you."

Eliza smiled at this as she had remembered hearing this a few times.

"I've heard it a few times, but I always thought I was dreaming it."

She kissed Bray before she continued.

"That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard."

Bray wrapped an arm around her and kissed her.

"We really should be getting back now."

Eliza was really excited.

"I can't wait until Noah hears the news. Wow... so much to do."

"There's no rush, but when do you think will be the big day?"

"Preferably before the baby comes. I just think it would be kind of hard to get married with a new baby to take care of. I'm already two months pregnant. I'll see if Becky and some of the girls would be willing to help plan it."

Once they got home, Bray and Eliza walked through the door hand in hand. Becky smiled seeing them together. Noah was still awake and ran up to hug both of them.

"Momma... Daddy."

"Hey Noah... remember that big surprise I told you about?"

"Marry Momma?"