Between Enemy Lines (Chapter 37)

Between Enemy Lines

Chapter Thirty Seven

Eliza shot up out of bed reaching for her throat and was gasping for air. She felt like her heart was going to explode in her chest. The quick movement had woke Bray up, he noticed how she was breathing, she had that dazed look in her eyes again. Bray wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close.

"Shh... it's ok..."

Eliza broke down in tears as Bray held her.

"No... it's not... It's never going to stop... Dean's never going to stop."

Noah heard her crying and woke up.

"Momma ok?"

Bray called out to Noah.

"Come here Noah, but be quiet... I think your momma could use a big hug right now."

Noah came over and hugged her, she held onto him and Bray.

"Shh... calm down... I'm going to do everything I can to make sure Dean doesn't come anywhere near you again."

"I... I had finally calmed down and went to sleep, Dean is even haunting me in my dreams, making me re-live what happened over and over again He told me that he called Social Services, he couldn't stand seeing us together. He planned that whole fight... he's the reason why I lost Noah, he said he would do it again as long as I was with you...You had stopped him but in my dream, he wouldn't stop. He only laughed as he raped me, he wrapped his hand around my throat... I couldn't breathe, I was losing consciousness and I thought for sure it was all over. A part of me wishes that was real, he would choke me to death and it would finally all be over."

Bray held her close as he was trying to hold back tears now.

"No... Don't be thinking like that. Don't go wishing to end your life, you have Noah to think about, and me... and this little one growing inside of you. I love you Eliza... Noah loves you. Now that I know Dean planned all of this, I have to do everything that I can to make sure that this doesn't happen again. I can't lose someone I love... not again. You promised me... you would never try to end your life again, I need to know that is still the case."

Eliza looked at Noah, then looked at Bray. It wasn't anything official, but she really started to feel like they were a family. She nodded as she finally calmed down.

"It is... I won't take my life."

Noah had been quiet and didn't really understand what was going on.

"Momma ok now?"

Eliza finally smiled at him and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yes... Momma is ok now."

Bray couldn't help but smile now as he held Noah and Eliza in his arms. He smiled as he placed a hand on her belly. She was still in the early stages of her pregnancy and hadn't started showing yet, but he was excited at the thought of seeing his baby for the first time. Eliza felt safe and loved in Bray's arms. He cared so much for her and Noah, and knew he would care for the baby growing inside of her. She finally smiled at him and kissed him. It was the middle of the night, Eliza put Noah back to bed, then laid back down with Bray. He slowly moved the hair out of her face and kissed her forehead.

"I love you Bray."

"I love you too Eliza. You, Noah, and this baby... you're my whole world."

Bray had thought about it before, but now was seriously thinking about marrying her. Once she had this baby, she would have to take care of it and Noah. It would probably give her peace of mind knowing that he wasn't going anywhere. But before he popped the big question, he needed to make sure that Dean wouldn't be an issue. Something needed to be done about Dean. Later on, after they woke up, Eliza and Bray were talking while Noah was playing with his toys.