Between Enemy Lines (Chapter 32)

Between Enemy Lines

Chapter Thirty Two

After Bray had saved Eliza and calmed her down, he apologized for everything that happened and told her about his past. Bray wanted to start a family, and had been planning on purposing to his girlfriend and when that moment finally came, the unexpected happened, a man tried to rob them. Bray was more than willing to hand over all his money and even the ring, he was more concerned about his girlfriend at the time. He never did get a yes or no answer because the man that was robbing him was holding Bray's girlfriend as a hostage and even after Bray handed over his money and the ring, the guy still killed her right in front of him. His whole world had come crashing down and he killed the guy as rage took over. He made sure the murder weapon wasn't left behind as he fled the scene. He didn't feel guilt so much because he killed a man, but because he couldn't save the person he cared most about. He blamed himself for her death and kept that guilt and grief inside of him for years. That was the reason why Bray seemed like he played such a good character onscreen, because he was playing off of his real life pain. He really did see the world as a dark and lonely place. Everything he loved had been taken away from him. He always promised himself that he would never let that happen again. He closed himself off from the world until the day he found Noah and Eliza was searching for him. There was something different about Eliza, something that he seemed drawn to. Ever since he met Eliza, he felt something that he hadn't felt in a long time. Now with Eliza trying to take her life, he wanted her to promise that she wouldn't try to take her life again, no matter how bad things seemed. He had lost someone he loved already, he wasn't about to lose Eliza too. Eliza had lost Noah, Bray knew that Noah was her whole world. She told him that she didn't have it easy, her life had always been a struggle, then with her being raped, and with her losing Noah, and the fact that she could possibly be pregnant, that was her breaking point, she couldn't take it anymore and just wanted everything to be over. Bray had to comfort her and tell her that she wasn't alone and that he loved her. Eliza could tell that he really meant it and told him that she loved him back. Bray was going to do whatever he could to help her get through things. What he didn't expect was what Eliza had to tell him next.

"Bray... I think I found out omething... it's something I'm kind of scared to face alone..."

"What is it?"

"Well... I haven't been to a doctor so I don't know for sure... but I bought a test at the store and it came back positive..."

Eliza placed a hand on her belly.

"Bray... I think I'm pregnant..."

Bray seemed surprised at this at first, but then smiled and he pulled her in and kissed her and placed a hand on her belly.

"You're pregnant?"

"I'm not completely sure... it was just one of those store bought tests.. they're not always accurate. I think I should find out from a doctor."

Bray didn't want to get too excited, but there was a chance that he could be a father for the first time.

"You're not mad?"

"No... why would I be mad? I just found out that the woman I love could be pregant, and I could be a dad for the first time."

"It's just... I just lost Noah and now I could be pregnant with another baby... it's like I'm replacing him, if I am having a baby... it doesn't mean I love Noah any less."

"'Of course you don't love Noah any less. I love you Eliza, and I loved Noah too. If you are having a baby, and if Noah were still here, that doesn't mean I would love him any less... it doesn't matter to me that Noah had a different birth father... I love him just the same."