Between Enemy Lines (Chapter 25)

Between Enemy Lines

Chapter Twenty Five

Eliza was still on the phone with Bray, she was surprised by what she was hearing.

"Tell me where you are Eliza. I'm coming to get you."

"But aren't you on your way to the next town?"

"I was. I don't have to be there until tomorrow night. Please Eliza... I want to help you, but I can only do that if you tell me where you are."

Eliza sighed. She didn't want Bray or anyone else to know the type of place she was living in, but right now, he seemed to be the only one that could help her. She sighed and told him her address. Eliza felt guilty for having to ask him for help.

"I just feel so bad about having to ask for help. I thought that things would be different now."

"You have nothing to be ashamed of Eliza. I told you to call me if you needed anything."

"Yeah but, you were about to go to the next town, now you have to come all the way out here for me."

"I'm already in my car typing in the address in the GPS now. You're only a few hours away. Don't feel bad Eliza. I'll be on the road soon so I won't be able to talk anymore. You hang in there sweetie... dry those tears, I'll be there as soon as I can. But hey... don't tell Noah... I want it to be a surprise.

Bray seemed to know that she was still crying. She wiped away her tears and smiled. She couldn't believe Bray would drop everything to come pick her and Noah up.

"Thank you Bray..."

"Anytime sweetie."

Eliza wanted to talk to him some more. The sound of his voice soothed her, but she knew he had to drive and couldn't be on the phone so she let him hang up. She was thinking about him until she heard her phone ring again. Then she remembered that she had also called Becky, now Becky was calling her back.

"Hello."

"Hey. What's going on Eliza? You said you needed help."

"I'm having a bit of car trouble... someone stole a part from my car and I can't get to the next town."

"Oh no... I'm sorry I couldn't answer before. I was getting on my plane. I'm on my plane now actually. I really wish I could help you, but I'm on my way to the next town."

"Oh... thanks Becky, but I actually called Bray... he was getting ready to leave for the next town, but now he's coming to get me."

"Aw... that's so sweet. I'm really pulling for you and Bray."

"It is sweet, but I feel so embarrassed for having to ask for help... I live in a trailer park and never wanted anyone to see my living conditions."

"Eliza... we know you're struggling. You don't have to be embarrassed to ask for help. I don't think Bray will care that you live in a trailer. He cares about you and Noah... so much in fact that he's willing to drive out of his way to come and get you... I think he loves you Eliza..."

"I think it's too soon to tell... How could he? I mean... with everything going on... we haven't been together that long. We haven't even really been on a date yet."

"Oh... well you should fix that. I can watch over Noah for you while you and Bray spend some time alone."

"That would be nice..."

Eliza was smiling just thinking about him. Becky seemed to catch on.

"You're thinking about him right now aren't you?"