~~~~~1

"My name is Barry Allen. And I am the Fastest Man Alive. When I was a child I saw my mother killed by something impossible. My father went to prison for her murder. Then an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world I am an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me. And one day, I'll find who killed my mother and get justice for my father. I am the Flash..."

~~BARRY~~

I stared blankly at the investigation board in front of me; it was covered with different newspaper articles, photos of the crime scene and pictures of different possible suspects that could have committed the crime. The only problem with this investigation board is there is only one suspect; my father. I couldn't believe that my father could kill my mother; they were so deeply in love with each other it was impossible. My eyes turned to the newspaper article which was titled; 'Kid States Mother Was Murder By A Man in Yellow Surrounded By Red Lightning.' No one believed me, I was only eleven years old at the time so it wasn't like I had a chance to save my father. They just took my father away in handcuffs and without a second thought the judge found him guilty then sent him to Iron Heights Prison. I promised him that I will find a way to get him out, to find the real killer and now with my speed I know it is possible. I snapped free from my gaze when I heard the sounds of racing footsteps rushing up heading towards my lab. Using my speed I made a quick zip to the investigation board and flipped it to the current investigation then zipped back to my chair. When I saw it was Joe walking into the room I sighed with relief and my eyes saw he was holding a file in his grasp. I was very lucky that Joe knows about my speed, my identity as The Flash and other Metahumans that have been running around Central City. Since I got my speed Joe started to believe that it was possible my mother was murdered by someone other than my father. When he saw my speed with the lightning I left in my trail we both now knew that I wasn't lying back then. Joe is my foster father who took me in after my father was sent to prison and he raised me to be the man I am today. His daughter Iris is like my best friend who I secretly had feelings for which everyone knew except for her. Sadly, while I was in a coma she began dating Joe's partner Eddie, I'm happy for her but something deep down was torn. I was lucky to have them in my life, Joe will always be like a second father to me and he knows that I hope to find a way to free my father from Iron Heights.

"Hey Bar...the coroner's report you asked for is finished." he smiled handing it to me; I took it from his grasp and used my speed reading ability to scan everything on the report. He plopped onto the stool as I took the photos the coroner took and pinned it onto the board with the others. I pressed my finger to my chin and tapped it lightly trying to think. "Well what are you thinking? Meta or not?"

"It's still unsure...I need to check with Caitlin to see if there is any Dark Matter in the DNA we found. There are no pings in the system so that means whoever had done this means they don't have a prior record." I explained he nodded as I plopped into my chair and began rubbing the temples of my head.

"Long night?" he asked that was a definite understatement, I have been overdoing both of my jobs and with my hyper metabolism it was killing me. I took my coffee from the side taking a small sip hoping to wake myself up because tonight I had to patrol the city again.

"Dr. Wells got me trying to get faster and faster everyday by either running on the treadmill or around the city. I get it he's trying to help me but frankly I feel like I'm overdoing everything." I answered which Joe seemed a bit annoyed with the way Dr. Wells had been treating me ever since I awoke from the nine month coma he had been on my ass.

"Bar...if you're tired then tell Dr. Wells that. If you end up crashing at the wrong time then who knows what will happen." Joe reminded I nodded pinning my back to my chair and began rubbing my tired eyes.

"Yeah I know...ugh I should get going. I have to do a quick sweep off the city before I actually crash." I answered standing up speeding to the locker on the opposite side of my lab, luckily for me I put paperweights down on any loose documents on my desk. Before I thought of that all the papers would go flying when I used my speed, I remembered how aggravated Caitlin was when I did that to her the other day. I had my Flash uniform on my body when I turned to Joe who just looked at me in awe; the little boy he raised was now a superhero. "I'll see you a bit later?"

"Yeah...just remember to talk to Wells before you come home." he reminded I pulled my mask over my hair and face. I gave him a small nod taking one more sip of my coffee before tossing it into the trash, flipped off my desk lamp and sped out of the room. I made it onto the street moving street by street looking everywhere for any crime being committed. I was almost finished with my patrol when I felt like someone was watching me; I skidded to a stop looking around me for anyone who would be watching me. I saw no one luckily when I turned my head to start running again the sound of electricity echoed behind me. Whipping my head in that direction I saw a flash of silver brisk down the side street next to me, I sped over to that side and saw the light was descending down the dark road. Before I could think of following it I heard sirens behind me, I looked back to the dark road seeing that light was gone and I knew I just had to let it go and head towards the sirens. I sighed then sped into that direction with only one thought in my mind; what the hell was that? 

~~Hey all, I am proud to introduce a new Flash story, took me awhile to create but I am happy that I did and I hope you all agree and enjoy it. I will post a new part every Monday starting next Monday. Anyway thank you all for your patience :) -Dani ~~