~~~~~ 10

~~BARRY~~

For the rest of the night I couldn't sleep all my thoughts were on Lexxy, my partner in the CCPD, was the female speedster who helped and saved me the last few days. I didn't even realize the elevator stopped until I heard my name being shouted over my clouded hearing.

"Allen...did you hear me?" Captain Singh yelled I shook off everything I was thinking to listen to him; he didn't seem to happy today.

"I'm sorry Captain...what was that?" I asked seeing the look of pure annoyance draped across his face and I swallowed sharply.

"The ballistic report on the Walter's case? Where is it?" Singh repeated in a harder tone and I remembered that I didn't even run the scans yet.

"Captain....I..." I started seeing Singh's eyes burning holes into me and I knew I was going to hear the judgment from him.

"Barry....jeez it took you forever to get coffee...oh Captain Singh....here is the ballistic report for the Walter's case. I was just on my way to give it to you." Lexxy smiled handing him the file, Singh gave her a small nod then a glare towards me and left a few moments later letting me breathe freely. Lexxy turned to look over at me and we both headed to the Lab. "You're welcome...seems like this is the second time I saved your ass."

"Thanks...I guess after finding out your secret last night has gotten me a bit distracted. How's your side?" I answered as we entered the Lab and sat at our individual desks across from one another.

"All healed...thanks." She replied I gave her a small nod and we went about our normal day scanning the case files on our desks and wrote up reports for the courts. The time went by slowly in the Lab; I was looking over some cases while Lexxy was typing onto the computer in front of her. I just couldn't fight the urge to ask Lexxy the questions that were surging through my mind at the moment.

"So...you were struck by lightning too?" I blurted out watching her gaze move from the computer and I realized that the question I asked was already answered last night.

"Yes...I was." she replied returning her gaze back onto the screen shortly after. I tried to focus on the files in front of me but I could just stare at her as she was working. "You're staring Allen."

"Sorry...sorry. I just...sorry." I mumbled turning my eyes onto the file in front of me trying to focus on that instead of Lexxy.

"If you have questions to ask Barry then ask me...." she replied placing both of her hands together and placed them onto the desk in front of her.

"Okay...Ummmm so the main question I have to ask you is how you are faster than I am?" I asked remembering that she was able to get away from me in a blink of an eye; I knew I was fast but she was faster.

"Well...on the night of the explosion my fiancée and I were driving into Central City like I told you. My fiancé...Dean...was a Mechanical Engineer; he was responsible for building things for the government. We were enroute to Mercury Labs with one of his Nitrous Oxide compound that he was going to use to help turbines from overheating when they were moving very fast. It was raining and then we were hit with a shockwave which I learned was from the Particle Accelerator knocked our car off the road. The Nitrous Oxide compound container punctured and spilled all over me." she exclaimed I knew about Nitrous Oxide, it was a chemical that could speed things up without overheating or overexerting.

"That also explains why your lightning is a silverish white while mine is a reddish yellow." I stated she nodded agreeing with me, I replayed that explanation and one word stuck out for me; fiancée. "Wait...you're engaged?"

"I was...he...he passed away..." she choked up a bit and I could sense that it was a touchy subject for her by the look in her eyes they were starting to water. Before I could even speak I heard someone enter the Lab, I turned to see it was Joe and at the corner of my eye I saw Lexxy wipe away the tears.

"Joe? What's up?" I asked seeing he needed to talk to me in private so I stood up move towards him to hear what he had to say.

"I heard about your new partner?" he mumbled so Lexxy couldn't hear what was going on between us.

"Ah Joe? You already met Lexxy...?" I reminded Joe gave me a small glare which told me that he wasn't referring to Lexxy.

"Not Barry Allen's partner...The Flash's..." he whispered under his breath I nodded telling him I got what he said and I turned to Lexxy who was trying to look at the computer.

"Could you give me a minute?" I asked tilting my head to the side like I was pointing so Joe saw that I meant Lexxy. He nodded moving away from me to the entrance of the Lab and I leaned on the desk to catch Lexxy's attention. "Joe...Joe wants to know about the Flash's new partner..."

"Wait...Joe knows about you?" she whispered I gave her a small nod and she turned her gaze onto me.

"You don't have to tell him that it's you...I just have to tell him something. Plus he's going to figure it out when we are both in S.T.A.R. Labs which he makes frequent appearances." I reminded Lexxy glanced down for moment then back up at me before giving me a small nod. She stood up moving with me towards Joe who looked at both me and Lexxy oddly.

"Ummmm Detective West....I would like to properly introduce myself to you." Lexxy started swallowing sharply turning her gaze to me for a little help in this department. I looked around for something fragile to throw for her and I found a nearby beaker on the shelf. I took it showed her and then chugged it across the room, she zipped for it and then returned in front of Joe handing it to him which he could only rapidly blink in confusion. "My name is Alexandra Simms aka the speedster known as Lightning."