~~~~~ 3

~~BARRY~~

I sped through the city like a blur until I came to a screeching halt in front of Reynolds and Ramirez Law Firm; there were fires in the windows and smoke pushing through the old building. The entire building was also surrounded by Emergency responders, firefighters, police and a lot of bystanders.

"Cisco...how many people does your scan say are inside?" I questioned pressing onto my communication unit that was on the center of my chest.

"According to my thermal scan which I calibrated to only sense for human thermal readings I see about 20 innocent people and five firefighters. Ten are on the top floor, four on the second floor, six on the third floor and the five firefighters are scattered in the stairwell." Cisco answered into my earpiece I took in a deep breath and felt my body tighten up. My eyes scanned all of the building trying to pinpoint where I needed to go. "Barry...according to a scan of the building the old beams won't be able to stand for long. I think you have only 10 minutes to get everyone out before it comes down." I exhaled the breath I took in, 10 minutes to get 25 people out of a building that is going to collapse at any moment. Without another word I began running through the crowds into the burning building leaving a gust of wind in my midst. I swept through the entire first floor pulling cement beams out of my path and looking for any injured. After clearing the first floor I made my way to the stairwell grabbing firefighters and dragging them back outside. One by one I zipped back and forth between being outside and the stairwell with firefighters in my grip. Once I finished the final firefighter I scanned the second floor for the four people Cisco mentioned was on the floor. I saw one pinned under a cement pillar with two of them trying to help them pull it free. Zipping over to them I quickly got the three of them out then returned to the man who was trapped under the cement pillar. I had 8 people out and 17 people left which got my mind as I took the cement pillar into my grip and started to pull it with any strength I had but I was a speedster not super strong.

"Barry...you are running out of time." Caitlin yelled in my ears this made me a bit nervous, using my adrenaline I managed to slowly pry the pillar off the man. Tossing it to the side I grabbed the injured man and sped back outside handing him off to the first responders.

"Guys.....there are 17 people still trapped, I don't think I'm going to get to them all." I replied into the com unit but before they could even respond I saw that familiar blinding silver light pushing down the street. I watched the light enter the building and in ten seconds about four people were pushed out of the building. They stopped for a moment to look over at me they were vibrating with sparks of silver lightning bouncing off them.

"Are you going to help Flash?" their voice was vibrating to hide their identity and then they zipped back into the building. I zipped in after them following the silver lightning up the stairwell to the third floor and we grabbed more and more people then zipped them outside. Finally we made it to the final floor together we got over eight of the ten people out of the building when it began to shake around us. Bits of pieces of the building began to block our pathway out of the building which was trapping us inside. The vibrating figure turned to me I grabbed the body tightly into my grip hoping for some idea on what to do. Then the vibrating figure began to spin around like a mini tornado and I watched they were trying to catch all of the falling debris in order to clear a path for us. They continued to do that until they got to the door and skidded to a stop, they grabbed the unconscious man in their arms and we both sped out of the building. As we headed down the stairs the building began to collapse around us until we made it to the door. The building went down as we skidded to a stop in front of the first responders with the remaining unconscious innocents. Everyone applauded and cheered that we successfully were able to evacuate everyone inside the building. I turned to look for the white lightning figure I saw them at the end of the street looking at me, I sped towards them just as they took off. Chasing them proved difficult since they seemed faster than I was and I found them running up a building stopping onto the roof. I skidded to a halt seeing the figure looking out at the city before turning to look at me still vibrating.

"Who are you?" I yelled taking in my heavy breaths I could see that there costume was silver and black to match the lightning that was bouncing off them. I could barely make out there frame due to they were vibrating there body. They turned slowly to look over at me I still couldn't see who they were. Slowly they began backing up to the edge of the roof almost they were getting ready to jump.

"A friend." their voice still vibrating exclaimed which now has gotten me confused, I thought I was the only one that had speed but then again anything was possible. There could be other Metahumans out there we still didn't know about with similar abilities as mine. "You can call me Lightning...see you soon Flash." They dropped off the roof as I ran after them looking over to see white lightning streak across the building to the ground below. Once they touched the ground the sped away vanishing from view again, whoever they were they were the light I saw yesterday. They left only two questions on my mind; what was their intentions and are they a friend and a foe?