~~~~~ 17

~~LEXXY~~

Still in my pocket was the picture I took from our old place, I took it out and handed it to Barry for him to see.

"This is Dean and I on our college graduation...I graduated with the double majors in Forensic Science and Chemistry. Dean was a double major also with Mechanical Engineering and Chemistry also. We met our freshman year in Applied Chemistry...it took him at least six months before he asked me out. When he finally did we dated for almost five in half years." I started watching Barry staring at the picture as I leaned against the counter with both arms pressing on top and the leather of my friction proof jacket made small squeaks.

"You guys look very happy." Barry answered handing me the picture where I let it sit in front of me and I tried to keep my eyes on Barry.

"We were...once we graduated we moved in to our own apartment in Starling City. For over a year we worked to save up money to keep ourselves financially stable. We always talked about starting a family one day and on Valentine's Day he did the cliché romantic dinner with the candles. He proposed to me that night which I accepted and for six months we were planning the wedding that is when we decided to move here to Central City. We thought it would be a better place to start a family then Starling with all the crime going on." I explained Barry seemed to be taking in everything I was saying intently and didn't want to say anything to interrupt me. I bit down against my tongue for a second and then continued on with my story. "Dean was a valued Scientist; known well for his works with Nitrous Oxide chemicals he caught the attention of Dr. Tina McGee. She offered him a position at Mercury Labs and I got the position at the CCPD crime lab as you noticed. The night the Accelerator went off we were delivering the compound to Dr. McGee for testing. That's when both of our lives were turned upside down."

"When the Accelerator flipped your car and granted you your speed." Barry added I gave him a small nod before looking away for a minute.

"I was in a coma for three months and Dean's back snapped paralyzing him from the waist down. He had multiple injuries and the doctor told him that his life will be complicated. When I woke up Dean wanted to end the engagement in order not to burden me with his situation but I told him that I wasn't going anywhere. So the next few months while we adjusted to our new lives and one day I decided to go out for a run. That is when I discovered my speed...when I showed Dean not only was he surprised but he was excited. He designed this jacket to help me with the problems that happened when I used my newfound speed. Then one night I used it to stop a mugging and that is when I drew the attention of the Vigilante known now as the Arrow." I explained looking up I could see Barry's expression changed, I got the feeling he knew who I was talking about and it made me a bit suspicious. "He trained me...he helped me get a handle on my speed and he told me to use these newfound powers to help others. So I did and for the next six months I was trained in secrecy, had to swear to him that I wouldn't tell Dean about him. But then one night I came home...the house looked broken into and when I went to investigate...I saw him."

"The Man in Yellow..." Barry whispered I gave him a small nod feeling the tears forming at the corner of my eyes but I sucked them back before he noticed.

"I asked him what he wanted...begged him to let Dean go...to not hurt him...he just laughed at me and told me that it took him awhile to find me. I didn't understand what he meant but my focus was only on Dean. He offered me a deal; a race to see who is the faster speedster. If I won then he would leave Dean and I alone but if he won then he would take something from me." I exclaimed feeling my throat tightening up a small bit and my hand began to grip the table. The images of that horrible night were still fresh in my mind. "Three laps around the entire city...we were close to the final lap and I was ahead of him. I guess you could say that he didn't like this so he decided to throw in an obstacle to change up the race. He caused a bus filled with kids to crash forcing me to stop running and so did he where he laughed at my weakness. I had the choice; to save the kids or to keep running and win the race."

"You chose to save those kids..." Barry replied I gave a small nod of my head unable to choke out a yes because I knew the next part was going to make everything so much harder to tell.

"I did...and it was because of that choice I lost the race. Once I saved those kids from the wreck I raced back to my place but he was already there. He was holding Dean in his grip and I could feel my heart falling deeper and deeper into my stomach. He said that he told me that if I lost then he would take something from me....And he did. Dean told me that he would always love me...his little lightning bolt and then the Man in Yellow drove his vibrating hand into his chest. I held his dead body in my arms when the Arrow arrived...he was the only one who believed in me...the only one who believed that the Man in Yellow actually exist. After I was released from the hospital the Arrow took me in...he gave me the strength to keep going and told me to be the hero Dean always believed I was meant to be. So I packed up my stuff and headed here to start over." I stuttered turning away from Barry for a minute and wiped the tears that were falling from my face. I knew Barry was a bit stunned from the whole story as I turned back around not making eye contact with him as I moved to the liquor section of the apartment. I poured a small glass and quickly downed it, I knew I'll never be able to get drunk but I needed something other than water right now.

"That's where you got the name....Lightning. As in Lightning Bolt." Barry answered behind me; I nodded slightly before I turned to look at him again.

"Yes because Dean believed me to be a hero but make no mistake Barry...I'm only here to help you for only one reason and that is when we find the Man in Yellow...I'm gonna make him pay. I'm gonna kill him." I replied coldly throwing the glass I held in my grip against the wall and watched it shatter into a million pieces. 

~~This is Dean~~

~~This is Dean~~

~~~Hey guys I am starting to make my way back to the updates and writings but it is still a slow process. I figured I post the next part of Flash's story after watching the Flash last night. I will have more stuff as soon as I am up for it. Thanks for your patience and enjoy this chapter. Stay tuned -Dani~~~