~~~~ 40

~~BARRY~~

I was sitting next to Lexxy who was still unconscious, by Caitlin's guess she was going to remain that way for a while. Lexxy took one hell of a hit, I was just so happy that she was going to pull through and could heal so quickly because if she couldn't I don't think she would make it. After an hour Caitlin came to check on Lexxy's pupils to see if they were responsive, I was holding her good hand in mine and felt so tired.

            "She's going to be okay Barry...it doesn't look like there wasn't much damage down to her brain." Caitlin smiled I tried to return it but frankly I didn't have the strength to do anything right now.

            "I shouldn't have let her fight him alone...I should've helped her. Wells baited me into another trick and Lexxy almost paid the price. What am I going to do?" I asked her when the sounds of a pair of heels entered the Cortex.

            "You can start by telling the truth." A familiar voice answered I was stunned when I saw it was Iris staring at me, I was in my Flash suit and fully exposed.

            "Iris...I..." I started unable to fully speak when I saw her move towards us, she laid her eyes on Lexxy who was unconscious and I could tell she wasn't too surprised to see that Lexxy was also a vigilante.

            "Barry...a word?" Iris answered moving towards the nearby door, it was to the room with the treadmill and Caitlin nodded that she would watch over Lexxy. I followed Iris into the room watching her sit onto the treadmill with concern in her face.

           "Wait...how did you find out?" I asked she glanced down at her hands before looking back up at me.

            "When I touched the Flash I experienced an electric shock...the same electric shock I experienced when you were in the coma after the accident." She answered I remembered feeling that but I just thought it was just plain static electricity nothing more. Lowering my head I felt my chest get heavier and heavier. "So Lexxy is Lightning...is she going to be okay?"

            "She just went one on one with a telepathic gorilla...luckily that our speed allows us to heal faster than average so she will heal." I replied crossing my arms across my chest, Iris nodded before her concerned look wiped off her face and I couldn't even imagine what she was going to say to me. "Look...I can only imagine how angry you are..."

            "I'm not angry Barry...I'm just disappointed...Does Eddie know?" she asked I lowered my head for a moment and just responded with a slight nod yes towards her. She looked completely angry to know that Eddie knew and she didn't. "Is that why he got kidnapped?"

            "No...I don't know why Wells took Eddie." I began placing both of my hands to my face rubbing the temples of my forehead.

            "Dr. Wells is the Man in Yellow?" she asked I stopped realizing I just told Iris the identity of the Reverse Flash. The man I was trying so hard to protect her from and it just easily slipped out of my mouth.

            "Everything he's been doing...helping me...helping Lexxy...it was all a lie...Wells killed my mom...he killed Lexxy's fiancé and her adopted parents." I explained seeing the shocked look on Iris's face as I told her this.

            "Is he going to kill Eddie?" she asked with tears forming in her eyes, I moved a bit forward kneeling on one knee in front of her.

            "No...he's not...I'm going to get Eddie back. I swear." I answered watching Iris's face become very concerned about him.

            "Yeah the Flash said the same thing." She reminded I lowered my head because I knew I told her I would save him.

            "I know...we almost had him...Wells threw Lexxy into a glass window and I had to choose whether or not to go after Wells or let Lexxy die. It wasn't an easy decision for me to make Iris. Iris you have to believe me...there was so many times I wanted to tell you...you were the first person I wanted to tell...it was just everything started getting crazy. With all the Metas then Lexxy coming into this...and I just thought maybe it wasn't safe for you to know. Maybe Joe was right..." I exclaimed when I saw her gaze change from concern to anger that her father knew about me.

            "Wait...you are telling me my dad knew about this? And he told you not to tell me?" she asked I knew I just threw Joe under the bus here but it was true that he told me to keep this from her.

            "He was trying to protect you...we both were." I answered feeling defeated when I saw her eyes that showed not just hurt but betrayal on both sides.

            "Yeah...well maybe it's time you both stopped." She replied standing up and without another word she walked out of the room leaving S.T.A.R. Labs behind her.

 Labs behind her

~~LEXXY~~

My eyes slowly opened I must've past out from the pain last night because now I felt completely numb from everything. My one arm was in a sling and I could barely lift my head to check anything else out but my eyes fell onto Barry who was asleep in the chair next to me. He was wearing an S.T.A.R. Labs T shirt and a pair of similar sweatpants which told me that he didn't go home to change. Did he stay by my side all night? Clearing my throat I saw Barry jump up a small bit and he saw that I was awake he skidded the chair closer to me giving me a smile.

           "Hey? How are you feeling?" he asked clearing his throat to sound less groggy and I could tell he was exhausted just like I was but he also looked like something was wrong.

             "I feel like I went one on one with a psychotic telepathic gorilla and lost." I answered seeing him chuckle a bit which meant he knew I was joking. Trying to move a bit my body just didn't respond to me. "How bad am I?"

             "Well you were badly injured...your one arm was dislocated and the other was broken. Your legs were both shattered and your ribs were turned into splinters puncturing your organs. You had some internal bleeding so you needed a blood transfusion which I gave my blood to you. Your brain is fine...it seems like Grodd didn't do much damage to your brain with his telepathy. Overall with my blood and your speed you should be fully healed by tonight." Barry explained his one hand touched my broken one which was bandaged up; I had on a neck brace so I couldn't move my head anywhere. I noticed Barry's expression changed again, something was wrong and I got the feeling that it wasn't good.

        "What's wrong?" I asked watching Barry's eyes slightly gloss over like he wanted to burst into tears but was fighting it back.

         "Iris....she knows everything...she knows who we are." He answered I pressed my heavy head into the pillow behind me and just closed my eyes...the secret was out.

~~Uh oh Iris knows~~