~~~~~ 13

~~BARRY~~

All night I kept replaying the conversation I had with Lexxy at S.T.A.R. Labs, I was staring blankly at her empty chair. Lexxy called out today telling Singh that she had a family emergency and Singh somehow understood giving her the day, I knew she was avoiding me because she didn't want to explain what she meant. It was not busy today so pretty much I was just sitting at my desk either catching up on paperwork or waiting for something interesting to happen. My gaze fell onto my computer, moving my hands across the keyboard I began typing a name and not just any name...Lexxy's name. While the page downloaded I saw Joe walk into my office holding two coffees in his hands and a stressed look on his face.

"Hey Joe...looks like you are having a long day." I smiled taking to one coffee from his hand and he sat in the chair on the side of my desk.

"Well just because your caseload is low today doesn't mean mine is too." he answered I knew Joe was extremely busy dealing with Iris and Eddie being together as well but he just didn't feel like saying that. "Why are you looking up Lexxy? I thought you trusted her?"

"I do trust her...it's just she said something cryptic last night and I just wanted to check something out about her." I exclaimed turning back to my computer I saw a couple of different things then my eyes squinted seeing a newspaper article. Scrolling to the link I clicked seeing something that made my entire stomach drop to the floor. "Woman Claims Man In Red Lightning Killed Fiancé. Lexxy told me last night that I wasn't the only one who lost someone to the man in yellow....27 year old Alexandra Simms stated a man surrounded by Red Lightning killed her fiancé 29 year old Dean Hopper. Simms had recently awakened from a coma that she sustained from a car accident with Hopper. Hopper's spine was severed paralyzing him from the waist down and sustained multiple crush injuries. The accident was caused by the Particle Accelerator's shockwave. Simms was cleared by Dr. Williams who states that the man in the red lightning was a way for Simms brain to handle the loss of her fiancée. The Coroner stated the cause of death was heart failure which was expected with his injury."

"So Lexxy's has a connection with the Man in Yellow?" Joe asked leaning over my chair to read the article about Lexxy's past.

"I wouldn't call it a connection..." a voice answered making both Joe and I jump to my feet to see it was Lexxy and the look in her eyes told me she wasn't happy that we were looking into her past.

"Lexxy? I thought you called out...what are you doing here?" I asked nervously moving my body in front of my computer hoping to hide what I was looking at.

"I came here to apologize for how mad I was last night and to try to explain myself but I guess I don't have to now huh?" Lexxy started I swallowed sharply without another word she turned and walked out of the Lab. Looking over to Joe his gaze hinted at me to go after her to hear her explanation and I ran after catching her by the elevators.

"Lexxy? Lexxy...I'm sorry for what you saw but from what you said last night I didn't know what to think?" I replied apologetically Lexxy turned to look at me I could see that she had been crying and also looked like she was on the verge to cry again except she was holding it back.

"It doesn't matter..." she mumbled the elevator door opened catching our attention and I watched her enter without another word. She turned to see me still standing there with a pained expression on both of our faces. "If a Meta attacks or the Man in Yellow shows up again call me otherwise I'll see you tomorrow."

~~tsk tsk Barry, why are you looking at things you shouldnt be looking at? -DW~~