~~~~~ 42

~~BARRY~~

It felt like forever since I slept as long as I did, Lexxy finally fully healed and I heard she was talking to Iris about everything. Iris seemed to understand why we were so secretive and why we needed to protect her. I promised her that we would find Eddie and I was going to do everything in my power to take Wells down. We also concurred that he won't kill Eddie because he needs him alive to exist due to be his ancestor. A little while later I was in the Cortex listening to Cisco explain the reason behind Wells's wheelchair. Iris and Joe were to my left, Lexxy and Caitlin were to my right with her arms crossed. We discovered Wells had a powerful futuristic battery hidden inside the wheels, whether it was to gain more speed or to recharge himself is still unknown but it would explain why he was faster than me but equal to Lexxy. Before Cisco could finish the main computer began to sound the alarm, that look showed fear in both Caitlin's and Cisco's eyes.

            "The accelerator...it's been reactivated." Cisco stuttered Lexxy and I both looked at one another then back to Cisco.

            "How is that possible? It blew up." Joe asked everyone was very confused on how it was possible while Cisco rapidly typed on the keyboard to find out what was happening.

            "Someone had to rebuilt it...Wells had to rebuilt it." Lexxy answered I turned my gaze to her and it felt like I was reading her mind because I knew what she was getting at.

            "That's why we couldn't find him..." I started Lexxy's eyes went wide while everyone else looked at the both of us confused.

            "He's inside S.T.A.R. Labs this whole time." Lexxy answered I looked at her she gave me a nod and began to move towards the door.

            "Stay here...we are going to check it out." I replied following Lexxy as we both made our way to the Pipeline downstairs.

            "Do you think he is planning to blow it up again?" Lexxy wondered I looked at her, I couldn't imagine him setting it off again but there was no other reason for him to do that

            "Do you think he is planning to blow it up again?" Lexxy wondered I looked at her, I couldn't imagine him setting it off again but there was no other reason for him to do that. We got to the Pipeline and began to move through the corridors looking in every section for Wells.

            "Prisoner release...protocol initiated." A voice echoed through the air, I looked at Lexxy and saw the prison doors attached to the wall open around us. I saw two of the Metahumans we kept locked began to escape from the prison.

            "Oh no..." Lexxy mumbled we stood back to back watching two Metahumans begin to surround us, we had to figure out what to do and fast.

            "You take tinker bell...I'll take laser eyes." I ordered Lexxy nodded looking at Peekaboo who was trying to teleport away as Lexxy zipped after her. I managed to avoid Deadbolt's strikes and began making a small tornado around him to throw him off track.

~~LEXXY~~

I managed to get ahead of the teleporter and began to hide in the shadows until she got close to me. I leaned against the wall next to me crossing my arms and saw her teleport right next to me but she didn't see me.

            "Better luck next time Lightning." She smirked I moved through the shadows punching her hard in the jaw with a mild sonic punch and she hit the floor out cold.

            "Nice try tinker bell...you are so predictable." I answered grabbing her unconscious body zipping back to her prison and threw her into it. I locked the cell and saw Barry was still having difficulty with the other one. I used my speed to get behind him locking eyes with Barry who gave me a small nod knowing what I had planned. We both charged our speed at him I took him out from below while Barry took him out from above as he flipped and landed hard to the floor. This was a basic football tackle and it worked, I moved up next to Barry clapping my hands like I was dusting myself off. "Well that was fun."

            "Cisco

            "Cisco...check the other cells and make sure everyone else is accounted for in the cells." Barry yelled while I put Deadbolt back into his cell, I heard some mechanical scans and then a small pause.

            "Everyone is accounted for." Cisco replied over the intercom I turned to Barry and we both were about to head back to the Cortex.

            "Help!" I heard a muffled voice from behind me which forced me to stop while Barry was still walking. Barry looked over seeing I was looking strangely behind me and then locked eyes with him. He was about to say something when I pressed my fingers to my lips to silence him.

            "Shhh...listen!" I commanded he moved closer to me to listen and I focused my hearing to pick up that voice again.

            "Help! Down here! Help!" the voice was louder Barry and I looked at one another and began racing towards it. It was Eddie's voice.

~~this is just a small chapter preparing for the finale so enjoy~~