~~~~~ 4

~~BARRY~~

I knew that I was late to Lexxy's first crime scene and I knew Singh was going to kill me, so using my speed I ran through the city until I found myself in an alleyway next to the crime scene. Moving through clutching my briefcase against my arm I saw Lexxy talking with Joe. She looked a bit tired but then again this job could exhaust anyone if you work long nights. I stopped next to Joe and Lexxy locked eyes for a minute, it felt like she saw something that surprised her but then she gave me a smile.

"So what do we have?" I asked following Lexxy to the crime scene, there I saw a man lying dead on the floor of the warehouse.

"Well I guess The Flash was busy last night because our murderer struck again. The victim is named Edwardo Valdez; he previously worked for Iron Heights as a correctional officer before being placed on medical leave due to an injury he sustained in a riot. The injury was to his spleen, the scar on his abdomen tells us he recently had surgery to repair the damage. The colors of his lips tell us that he was poisoned by the same toxin as the others but we have to wait for the coroner's report to know for sure." Lexxy explained I was impressed to see how detailed she was with analyzing victims. I took my camera and began to snap pictures for the investigation board while Lexxy swabbed the victim for DNA. After she finished up the coroner took the body to the morgue leaving just us to head back to the CCPD. I watched her yawn as we headed back to the forensic van that we rarely used unless the case demanded it.

"Looks like someone didn't get much sleep last night..." I started she put her case onto the one slot and I placed mine next to hers.

"Yeah I'm still unpacking everything into my apartment so it is taking a while...I guess I forgot about sleep until about four in the morning." she announced leaning her back against the van and I pressed my hand to the car looking at her.

"Yeah...I just recently moved out of my apartment it literally took me three days to unpack. Did you want to grab a coffee? Jitters is only a few blocks over...best coffee in the city?" I offered she looked up and just gave me a small nod agreeing with me.

"What the hell I need a double shot to wake my ass up before Singh runs our asses to the ground today...lead the way Allen." she smiled I let her past me and we began walking towards Jitters. For some reason I could barely think of anything other then what happened last night with the building collapse and the other speedster I encountered. "Everything alright, Allen? You seem very quiet."

"Yeah I'm good...just thinking about things. Anyway here we are." I answered opening the door to Jitters allowing her to pass me and we stood on line for a moment. When we got to the cashier to give our order I saw that it was my best friend Iris.

"Barry hey..." Iris smiled I could see the look of confusion plastered across Lexxy's face which reminded me she had no idea what was going on.

"My bad...Iris this is my new partner Alexandra Simms....Lexxy this is my best friend and Detective Joe's daughter Iris." I introduced Lexxy held out her hand and Iris took it shaking it then they released a few moments later.

"Nice to meet you...I hope you're able to keep Barry here in his place. He's definitely a handful." Iris chuckled I groaned softly under my breath and Lexxy just responded with a chuckle back. I bet Iris and Lexxy would get along with their comments towards me. "Anyway the usual Bar?"

"Of course, Iris. How about you, Lexxy? It's on me." I offered Lexxy turned to the board scanning the menu fast with her eyes then returned her gaze onto Iris.

"I'll take a white chocolate mocha with double shot of the espresso." Lexxy ordered Iris nodded then went to work with making the drinks while I led her to a free table.

"So...Iris seems to like you." I smiled Lexxy nodded placing both of her hands together and pressed them onto the table.

"She seems very interesting; I take it that you both are very close." Lexxy exclaimed before I could answer Iris placed both of our drinks onto the table and then flashed me a small smile before walking away.

"Yeah we grew up together as kids then after...well after my mother passed Joe took me in and practically raised me to be who I am today." I explained feeling a lump forming in my throat, mentioning my mother had triggered flashbacks of the night she was murdered.

"I'm sorry about your mother...I know how you feel." she answered I looked at her confused but before I could ask my phone went off in my pocket. I glanced down to see it was Cisco informing me of another Metahuman was roaming around wreaking havoc again.

"Hey I will be right back...I just need to take this call." I smiled she nodded and I moved towards the entrance before using my speed to zip away undetected.