~~~~~ 12

~~BARRY~~

The Man in Yellow was spotted again in Central City, Lexxy and I have been speeding through the City after him but we kept missing him. It felt like he was toying with us, making us run rampant to find him but we ended up not. I made my way to the Central City National Bank after following his lightning here but he was nowhere there which made no sense to me.

"Lexxy...? Lexxy do you see him?" I gasped pressing my earpiece hoping for any sign of him from her side.

"I'm right behind him...he's heading North." Lexxy exclaimed into her earpiece I turned North and zipped in hopes to corner him. Moving through the City my eyes moved rapidly in order to find either Lexxy's silver lightning or the Man in Yellow's red lightning. I saw a small streak of silver appeared at the corner of my eye and I headed in that direction. I skidded to a stop when I saw Lexxy helping a woman in a turned over van and it looked like the Man in Yellow caused this damage. Rushing over to help her I saw the irritation in her face but she was trying not to show it while she saved the woman. "The son of a bitch caused this pileup knowing we would stop to help them before going after him."

"I'm going to check the other vehicles." I answered my voice semi vibrated to match Lexxy's which we did to hide our identities from the public. Zipping to the nearby cars I saw some injuries sustained due to head trauma but nothing too severe. Turning to Lexxy I saw the woman handing her a small child before her gaze snapped to something behind me. I turned to see it was the Man in Yellow ahead of us...taunting us...and I could see Lexxy's hand tighten into a fist. Once she was done with the woman I watched her jump off the car and using her speed she began to run at him. I finished helping the older man and took off after her burnt trail, seeing her now in the midst of a fight one on one with him. The Man in Yellow sent a small punch into Lexxy's gut, he grabbed her arm and I could hear a loud pop along with a small yelp from Lexxy's throat. I watched her clutch that arm and then I watched the Man in Yellow force another strike to her face which knocked her backwards. Her feet skidded back into a nearby car which she hit hard and fell to the ground. I rushed to her side as the Man in Yellow took off down the road. "Lexxy..."

"I'm fine...go after him." she groaned I looked up seeing no sign of him anywhere around, he was gone and nowhere to be seen.

"He's gone." I replied and I could hear Lexxy swear under her breath as she stood back up onto her feet clutching her broken arm. Sighing I knew how she felt...we have been waiting for any sign of him for weeks since our first encounter and now he is gone. "Are you okay?"

"Just perfect." she hissed her eyes told me that she was very pissed off, I glanced down at her hand and watched her use her to speed to heal it.

"We should get back...maybe Cisco got some information on why the Man in Yellow was around tonight." I suggested Lexxy didn't seem to want to respond back to me, she just zipped back to S.T.A.R. Labs and I followed her without another word.

~~LEXXY~~

When we got back to S.T.A.R. Labs I pulled off my mask and unzipped my jacket moving swiftly back to the Cortex with Barry behind me. I stopped in front of the computers seeing Cisco was working on something and Caitlin was restocking her medical kit in the med bay. Dr. Wells didn't seem to be there which was very strange. Barry moved past me taking off his gloves and I knew he was going to change out of his uniform. So on one of the computers I began placing in coordinates the Man in Yellow was spotted when Cisco returned to the Cortex.

"Didn't catch him?" Cisco asked us both I flicked him my gaze and he just turned away to look at Barry who was next to him.

"He left a huge mess behind him to distract us but we will get him." Barry answered confidently anger continued to fuel me but I was trying to not show it.

"We would've had him Bar if you listened to me and gone after him while we still had him in our sights." I reminded seeing both Barry and Cisco turned their gazes onto me, I could see the concern washed onto Barry's face and confusion in Cisco's.

"You could've been hurt a lot more seriously." Barry answered my gaze hardened on him because I knew he was referring to my former broken arm.

"But I wasn't...it was just my arm look it's all healed. We both heal fast remember?" I reminded showing him my now healed arm and I got a familiar feeling behind me emerging.

"We will get him Lexxy...I promise." Barry semi smiled I just rolled my eyes and returned my gaze back to the computer in front of me.

"Mr. Allen is right...in the meantime...Mr. Allen....Miss. Simms why don't we continue your training." Dr. Wells replied from behind me as his mechanical wheelchair moved behind me. Cocking my head a small bit I could see the cocky smile pushed on his face and I got a sense that he was trying to push us away from what happened tonight almost like he knew something.

"Screw training...All you have Barry and I do is train to get faster and every time the Man in Yellow makes an appearance then you tell us to back off. What is your deal Wells? Are you hiding something?" I yelled turning my gaze back to Dr. Wells who was a bit stunned by my reaction along with everyone else. No one had a response I scoffed slamming my hand against the chair and brisk past Dr. Wells.

"Lexxy..." I heard Barry yelling behind me which I stopped turning slightly into his direction and watched him hike up next to me. I knew Barry wasn't too thrilled that I got into Dr. Wells, his idol's face and now I was going to hear about it. "What the hell was that? Dr. Wells is trying to help us against the Man in Yellow."

"Help? All he is doing is making us run on a treadmill and hope to get faster. Bar every time the Man in Yellow shows up he tells us we aren't ready. At this rate we will never be ready in his eyes." I exclaimed crossing my arms against my chest and watched Barry's facial expressions go through many different changes. I didn't have time to continue on with this conversation and I began to move past him.

"Maybe we aren't ready...maybe when we are he will tell us. I want to take that son of bitch down myself but I don't understand what your deal is....what did the Man in Yellow do to you?" he asked stopping me cold in my tracks, images flooded through my mind as I tried to not think of the past and swallowed all of the pain when I turned to look at him slightly.

"You are not the only one who lost someone to that son of a bitch." I answered seeing his expression change and I didn't give him a second to say anything to me. I zipped out of S.T.A.R. Labs leaving everything behind me.