Cyan/Angeless

My left foot kept tapping anxiously as I waited for the nurse to release me so I could go home. I had been out running errands all day, and this stupid checkup was the last thing on my list before I could return to check on my boys.

It felt so strange, not having one of them by my side, and I was worrying about both of them.

I didn't want Ryan to get too stressed out taking care of Rycen. At the same time, I wanted to make sure he was taking care of my baby properly.

"Mr. Cerulli, have you and your husband talked about birth control?" I blushed, shaking my head.

"We had such a hard time getting pregnant with Rycen, we didn't really think it would be an issue." The nurse laughed and tossed me a container of multivitamins. "You might want to consider it, unless you enjoy always having a bun in the oven?" I rubbed my slightly pudgy stomach with a sigh. "Did the doctor clear me to perform?"

The nurse paused in her motions and looked at me with crossed arms. "You can be on stage, Cerulli, but you need to be mindful of what's inside of you." I grinned and gave her the thumbs up, stretching out to get ready to leave.

She handed me a prescription for the antidepressants I had taken last pregnancy, and a paper telling me to come back in four weeks. I thanked her with a smile and whipped my phone out to check for any urgent messages from Ryan.

All he had sent me was a picture of him and Rycen snuggled together on the bed. My baby boy was all cozied up in his footed onesie, his Daddy's fingers in his mouth as he looked curiously up at the camera.

I immediately dialled his number, desperate to hear his sweet voice.

"What's up, babe?" I rolled my eyes, waving to the nurse at the front desk on my way out of the office.

"I've got a shit ton of guitar strings in my backseat for some needy man." I teased, making my husband laugh. "Did you get diapers, too? Rycen is growing out of the ones we have." I pouted, even though he couldn't see me. "My baby is growing too fast."

Ryan chuckled, and I heard our son cooing in the background. "You wanna say hi to Mama?" I smiled. Ryan may look like a hard ass in the outside, but he was the sweetest Dad in the entire world.

I awed when Rycen babbled into the speaker. "I love you so much, baby. Be good for Daddy until I can get home, okay?" Rycen babbled some more, and Ryan laughed. "He says he's always good."

I hummed, turning onto our street with an idiotic smile plastered on my face.

"I'm almost home, when did you give him his bottle?" I rarely ever made my baby boy feed from a bottle, but he needed to eat today and I wasn't home to breastfeed.

Ryan sighed. "He only took about half of it, and that was around eleven." I furrowed my eyebrows together in concern. "Did you remember to warm it?"

That may have sounded like a dumb question, but this was Ryan. If it didn't slap him in the face he wouldn't realize it was a thing.

"I'm not an idiot, Chris." I blushed and parked the car out front. "I'm sorry, babe. You know I love you."

Instead of replying on the phone he hung up and opened the front door for me.

"I love you too, now get your fine ass in here and give our son some snuggles."

Who was I to deny such a request?

I grinned and skipped inside, letting Ryan grab the groceries out of the trunk so I could love on my baby.

Rycen was laying on one of his play mats, colorful toys hanging above his head to keep him entertained.