5| Revenge

I only reached there quicker since I knew where they were located. When I turned the corner to the dark alleyway tucked away in the streets, I heard the high pitched clatter of bullets hitting the ground. Akutagawa had engulfed the sharp bullets in his Rashoumon, to then realise them, presenting the highly defensive side of his destructive gift.

My breathing had gradually slowed from the running, and my eyes landed on two bodies next to each other, lying over a dark red pool of blood. I sigh and drag the back of my hand across my forehead to get rid of the sweat.

I observed the area.
Good. I reached here before him.

I walked in normally and our target, Atsushi, had turned to face me with a questionable face. His eyes were almost inhumanly- were they yellow, purple, or both? Whatever they were, they were glassy with tears. His breathing was heavy, and his hands hand begin to tremble from under the black fingerless gloves which grasped onto a gun. I frowned and examined him as his eyes that gazed all over me, wondering who I was.

He didn't seem much of a fighter.

"Ah, there you are." Aku said quietly turning around to face me. Atsushi had then realised was practically cornered by his worst nightmare- us.

I mischievously smile, and nod my head to Aku.

"So, you're Atsushi?" I ask, crossing my arms. I look around the location which was harrowing and was covered in shadows leaning of the dilapidated walls. I was still in the golden presence of the sun, so I step into the dark to gain a little more power. I see Atsushi gulp as I get closer with two large steps, almost staring him down.

"I have to admit, I knew you were going to be special...Ever since one of your friends name was involved." I say.

"W-Who's th-"

I snap my fingers, and two thick black rope like figures from the shadows wrap around his neck, up to his mouth which muffed his screams.

"You won't speak of his name in front of me." I spat," you're in the dark now...You're in my terrain. So you better watch out." I throw him down on the ground with the shadows, and he gasps for air as soon as he hits the concrete. I look at Aku and tell him to finish the job as I passed his shoulder. I noticed Higuchi on the floor, and I indicated at her with my hand to get up. She groans, grabs her gun, and stands on her two feet, and I continued to walk towards the end of the alley to view their fight.

Personally, I hated speaking about him. I hated hearing his name being spoken in front of me when people knew what I had been through. Especially now, when I know... unfortunately I still am not emotionally stable.

I thought four years would be enough to get over the agony, but my involuntary reaction had just told me otherwise. Atsushi might not have deserve my harsh intentions, but at least he now he knows. I sighed, and leaned against the wall, watching the never ending fight.

Aku didn't bother to put serious effort into his fighting since he didn't need to. I was impressed with the Were-tiger- he had a few unexpected tricks up his sleeve. My mind pondered on what was going through Atsushi's mind, what he'd experienced or how long he'd be training for before he started to fight. He could have been training for long since the fight was fairly easy for Aku.

At least at first it was.

His Rashomon had tore Atsushi's leg from his body, and it flew across the ground. My eyes widen at the scene- I strictly told Aku to keep him alive!

"Aku! I told you too keep him alive!"  I shout over the sudden ear piercing screech from the boy. His head looked at me over his shoulder, and clicked his tongue. He shut his eyes in annoyance, and turned back around to the almost dead Atsushi. Higuchi was speaking to him, possibly discussing to take him now and run. He would have died by blood loss by then...and I'm going to be brutally scolded if he died. I rush over to them, wincing at the piercing howl of a scream, and examined the boy in a rush. He had his hands wrapped around the short part of his leg left, curled up on the floor. Blood expanded quickly, almost reaching our shoes.