14 | Run

(Y/n) P.O.V

Hours later...

After my wonderful morning with Dazai, we separated at the end of the street, holding hands. We sweetly kissed each other goodbye, Dazai persistent on not leaving my lips, before we headed of to the Mafia and the Agency. He was going to be staying at the Agency until the early morning with Atsushi, filling in paperwork that had to be finished along with two missions to complete.

"See you soon, love. Text me if you want me."

"Of course I'll want you, Dazai. Today's going to be boring without you anyway."

He smirked," Why am I not surprised?"

I nudged him playfully and left him reluctantly, to go to the Mafia to continue with my executive duties. I knew there was something important I had to deal with.

When I arrived, the Mafia was packed.

I entered through the main doors, the reception area swarmed with fast moving bodies and do panicked calls. I froze for a few seconds and I stood in the doorway, stunned. I wasn't informed about anything that these people had... what had happened?

Confused, I made my way through the sea of bodies, a path being made for me when eyes were laid on me. I weaved my way through in hopes of reaching the elevator that would take me up to Mori to explain this desperate situation.

"Oi! Watch it, dog."

I heard Chuuyas harsh voice above the cluster of people and saw him stepping into the elevator. I ran towards him and managed to join him before the metal doors slammed on me.

"Woah, where did you come from?" Chuuya exclaimed, someone happy to see me. The doors shut tight, my ears now only focusing on Chuuya.

"Ha, good morning. What's up with so many people today?" I asked. Chuuya sighed, brining a hand to massage his temples,
"Mori has ordered everyone to be in full time today and it's not even needed." His tone of voice showed clearly how annoyed he was at the ample amount of workers today. I felt his pain- I never liked it too. Too much hassle.

But something was telling me that this was wrong- this had never happened before.

"I recon something has happened," I stated,"Do you know what's up?"

"Well, Higuchi told me Akutagawa was missing this morning. Also we've found an unknown aircraft in the skies of Yokohama."

"Akutagawa?! Missing?" I say with a frown, disregarding the other information.

"Missing." He repeated, low and almost like a grumble... I froze for a minuet, trying to picture the impossible. Aku has such a violent and deathly Gift that gave him the haunting label he had across Yokohama, so how could he be missing? Even mentioning the unreal thought that Aku might have been defeated, beaten, captured, lost... possibly dead.

I couldn't imagine it at all.

"How is that possible?!" I asked Chuuya in disbelief.

"That's what I though. I saw him leave this morning and he wasn't exactly underprepared. Akutagawa hasn't been ambushed or defeated before, so this doesn't make much sense." Chuuya said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. He seemed just as strained as I did, eyebrows in a fixed frown. My head was now fixed on Akutagawa, my concern for him increasing as each second passed on. What could have possibly happened to him?

The elevator came to a halt, opening to a floor of noticeably less people, and we walked down the corridor, brushing past the people.

"How long has he been of record for?" I ask.