9| Gifted

Dazai's P.O.V

"Dazai, where do you recon she is?"

"Probably on her way."

I see Atsushi freeze mid walk from the corner of my eye. His head slowly turned to me, face petrified.

"H-How much more longer is she going to take?" He asked, voice trembling. I smirk, fully aware of the innocent boys fear and eye him from my seat.

"Until the pain kicks in."

And from that, I had silenced Atsushi. He simply muttered an 'oh' before returning back to his computer screen on his desk right beside mine. He kept questioning me from then on, simply because his nerve had spiked or I didn't make any sense. Or most likey, both. I understood why Atsushi was afraid of her. Even though I did not witness their meeting, I can assure it wasn't pleasant. It took strict, constant persuasion to calm his mind when we said she was arriving soon.

I started out the window behind my desk, rested my feet on the window ledge and waited until my eyes could rest on her body in the swarm of citizens. I had been waiting for her for three hours now... perhaps I was too harsh? Or perhaps she wouldn't come until late just to irk me. I sigh to myself, the white sun light warming my body that coated over me.

"Dazai, this better not go awfully wrong." I hear Kunikida, my partner, hoarsely say. I turn to him and notice a gun was connected to his belt that wasn't there before.

"Oh, don't worry," I say, my head over my shoulder, looking at my glasses wearing co-worker, "It won't. Trust me." He clicked his tongue and pushed back the glasses on the ridge of his nose with a single finger and went back to his desk which was to my left. He started to flip though his green notebook- the one that was the key to his gift, and shook his head. Everyone was playing the anticipating waiting game... and our tolerance was worsening as we waited for her to approach the Agency. The silent click of the clock was the only audible noise other than the questions flying around our heads.

"Surely she resents you, Dazai?" I hear Yosano ask that cracked the silence.

"Shes more of a person to become broken rather than hate...She's always been like that." I reply. I hear her distinct hum in reply, sounding curious, from the doctor. I finally turn around, bored, and move around the papers on my desk, scanning pieces of information here and there.

"And what about you?" She asks cunningly.

"What about me, Yosano?" I say, looking up at the doctor from across the room. Her arms where against her hips like usual,

"Do you resent this woman?"

I didn't hesitate,"Why would I?"

"She's the part of the Port Mafia, don't you hate them all?"

My mind flashes back to Chuuya, Akutagawa, the dogs, Mori and I scoffed. But when my mind lingered on her...

"Most of them." I say, before returning back to my papers.

"So, Dazai knows the Port Mafia?" Rampo calls from across the other side of the room, sitting on the window sill. He was holding a glass ball between his finger and thumb, staring at it greatly before turning to look at me dead in the eyes.

"I sense something else besides from what you told us, Dazai." I smirked at the young looking man, he never failed to discover the meaning behind mysteries; and this certainly was one.