29 | Torment

->long ass chapter. Like LONG ass chapter<-

Chuuya P.O.V

"We have recorded over 100 casualties kept within the Mafias walls..." I state, gazing over the bed of black bagged bodies,"and that's just only on this site. I hate to admit it, but if Dazai didn't neutralise the curse, that number would have increased."

"Indeed... There will be more thanks to Francis trying to wreck Yokohama like a demanding baby. I never approved of him from the second he tried to buy the Mafia. At least, this is over now. We will plan for what is next to come from him immediately."

Mori had no expression on his face as we stood amid of the scene. Nurses and doctors were attending to the utmost number of dead and the barely breathing 24 hours after the attack, and their attempts to resurrect them had seemed to fail. I felt a twinge in my stomach from the stench of blood and the sterile smell of disinfectant that infected the air. I was about to ask Mori why he was so calm and collected but I remembered- he used to be a war doctor. The sight was probably nothing much to him.

"Did you see her?" He asked, voice flat and monotone.

I hesitated for a second, "Who, (L/n)?"

"Yes."  I noticed he was straining to even mention her name.

"I did... She seemed to have helped in the prevention of the apocalypse. She told me the Were-Tiger and her were both captured inside the Moby Dick but managed to escape with Q's doll." I recalled. Thinking about it now, I never took what actually happened into account when she first said it to me. She was caught up in the Moby Dick again? (Y/n) isn't exactly easy to touch, so this Francis guy have meant business and the ample amount of the deceased sided my point.

"Tch. The Agency." He spat," Why am I not surprised."

'You're not the only one' I thought.

To be fair, (Y/n) hadn't been told she could come back to the Mafia officially. I certainly knew Dazai would look after her properly, which was what she needed right now- protection from Francis. Currently, I thought that was the safest place for her to be right now considering Mori might just want her head on a stick next to his throne. I never said that to him, but I imagined he thought, maybe knew, the Agency wasn't exactly a terrible place for her right now.

"She had to in order to escape..." I mumbled.

"Perhaps she did. Either way, Dazai has captured her heart again and now it seems she will work along they Agency because of him, which may make her a possible enemy to the Mafia." He stated. He sighed as he stood up straight and adjusted his coat. I wanted to say that it was bullshit, because it was, but I also wanted to keep my job and my life. Mori wasn't treating her fairly like he used to, and ever since that day where he was 'threatened' by her, he had forgotten their closeness and history.

Maybe it's just because he wanted to let out his anger on something.

"Was she well..." Mori mumbled. My eyebrows raised, now he was asking about her wellbeing?

"Em, yeah. Her new Gift, the Immense Lustre, seems to be in full operation. She's managed to heal a wound of hers that night." I replied. This was making me sound like we spoke a lot and wasted time that I could have used fighting that Mori night not have approved of. Mori was silent. Dark hallow eyes scanned the bodies laid out like a pack of cards.