18| Truth

(Y/n) P.O.V

"W-where are we?" I managed to stutter out.

"My ship, not far, just above your apartment." He spoke softly, "She's called the Moby Dick."

"...I see." I whisper.

Francis had gently taken my hand back in my apartment and taken me by somewhat teleportation onto his ship above my window apartment. I hadn't an idea of what I was getting myself into, but nothing worse could go wrong anymore...

What else did I have to lose?

We landed in a quite exquisite room- white walls decorated with golden wall panels and pink and purple embroidered rug over the wooden floor, flowers and petals decorated through thousands of weaved threads. Golden ornaments sat on marble shelf's above a roaring fireplace that crackled, a shine on every edge and curve. A dark wooden table with a snow white, creaseless table cloth had the finest silver tea set along the table, as if it had been expecting company. Behind the table was window walls, and small tiny grey squares poking up from the bottom. My head turned to the side a little, as I approached the clear glass. Francis let go of my hand and followed me slowly. Buildings rose from the bottom, buildings I recognised, and soon the whole of colossal Yokohama was below my feet in a miniature form sparking with details of the city. My eyes scanned the breathtaking scene of clusters of squares that made the city and eventually met on the Mafia buildings.

Almost every light was turned on in the towering headquarters.

I frowned as confusion took over me; the Mafia was always most active and productive during the night... so why so active now when it was barely the evening? I wondered what had caused such an early concern...

 My eyes also meet the Agency a few blocks down- every light turned on too, but that could just be normal for such people.

"Ah, the Agency... I need a quick word with their President, nothing much."  Francis states, as if he knew I was watching over it with confused eyes. I watch him turn around and adjust his watch, picking up a heavy metal suitcase on a chair by the table.

"Now?" I question, wondering why he was leaving so soon, especially after meeting me.

"Apparently so," he answers, his blue eyes looking into mine," I apologise for such interference. I'll be here again in 15 minuets when we can finally discuss everything you wish. Why don't you freshen up in the mean time? When I'm back, you should feel more revived and then we will have all the time to talk." Francis smiled down to me after he checked his shining watch which could have easily been the most expensive item in the room. I liked how he was treating me- maybe too much. Maybe it was dangerous, but there was nothing I could do if he needed to be somewhere. Besides, I would wait until he came back and discus the situation, it wasn't much of a problem. I needed it to freshen up as well which made me glad Francis had suggested such. My hair hadn't been brushed for days, my clothes weren't their best, and my hands had cuts and dust collecting on them from wrecking my own room because of the depression. I looked like I had been dragged home from a party, drunk and clumsy.

"I think that would be appropriate." I nod.

He smiled, "of course, let me show you to a room we prepared."

Prepared? So they planned this for quite some time? I hesitate, following him out of the room and still being weary around every corner. The first door we came across down the corridor was the room he decided to show me and he pushed it wide open. His arms gestures me to walk in first, and so, I slowly did, not lowing my suspicions.