Chapter 11

How's life?  I miss talking to guys ;-; so What are you guys doing this summer?

Jimin's POV

Things were going great, I was getting use to the way the hearing aids felt and I was ecstatic to be able to hear. I didn't feel like a burden and I felt like I could actually go places as a dancer now that I could hear the music. I was in class doing some improv to the music playing when the music stopped.

"Jimin, can I see you in the hall?" My teacher Mr. Eun asked.

I nodded and followed him outside feeling my heart beat against my chest. He never called anyone into the hall unless they were going to be dropped from the course...

"I want to you know that I love your dancing and I think you're very talented. You always danced really well when no music was playing but now that you can hear the music it is expected for you to dance to the music for improv. The issue is, you aren't making the cut. I'll give you a week to show improvement and then I'm going to have to let you go to let someone else into the program." He told me before sighing and dismissing the class.

I felt tears fill my eyes as I bit my lip. I couldn't contain my emotions as I stormed back into the now empty room and went through my phone which was full of music thanks to Yoongi.

I picked the fastest song I could and began dancing. I threw every dance rule out the window and did whatever I wanted to the beat. I danced until I felt my chest tighten and I had to stop and breath. I fell to my knees and took deep breaths before sighing. I stared at my reflection in the dance mirror to see it was slightly fogged over.

In the corner I saw Hoseok giving me a sad smile before he walked over. "What did he say?" He asked.

I wrote on the mirror, "Improve or get out." It made it sound mean but he knew what I was getting across.

Hoseok sighed before he smiled.

"I have to help a new dance student so why don't you tag along and do the training with him? It would help you focus more on doing what works with the sound." Hoseok suggested and I nodded.

I would do anything to stay in this program, I needed dance. That night I went back to the school around 8pm and met with Hoseok. I noticed the new kid he said wasn't here yet so I did some stretching to warm up. In a few minutes he arrived and I smiled and greeted him, it was Jungkook.

"Jimin right? Good to see you again." Jungkook said before face palming.

"Shit." He said before signing to me.

I bit my tongue and smiled before signing to him that I was able to get my hearing back and that's why I had hearing aids on. He smiled and nodded as Hoseok entered and began to teach us little tricks.

We learned various ways to fill the space depending on the style you were doing. We learned I was very good at free styling modern Ballet while Jungkook was better at slow hip-hop. I found that funny since Hoseok's speciality was popping so we all did different styles for free styling. I felt more confident as the night went on and left feeling satisfied. I knew I would be able to impress Mr. Eun and nothing would take my spot in the dance program.

I sent Yoongi a goodnight text, something I had began to do out of habit before showering and going to bed.

Yoongi's POV

It was the end of the week and a small showcase was being done for the dance unit. Naturally I was hoping Jimin would be in it and that's when I learned form Namjoon just how wrong I was. It wasn't small at all, it was a normal assembly but judges would be in the audience and multiple schools would perform.