~Chapter 4, Outpost~

~Natsu~ 

When I was explained the unknown who tried to attack and nearly destroyed the new shield was Lucy's cousin I was in some shock. I was explained we was to go see Lucy's other family and the past king of humans, Zeref. I was worried of a repeat happening about Luke, that nearly killed Lucy before hand. Once outside Lucy and Brandish were walking as Lucy wiped away a tear smiling. "I won't let that taint get you understood" Brandish spoke smiling toward Lucy as they didn't noticed me nor Wendy. 

"You always were so sure about things Brandish" Lucy only whispered. "Then you should remember everything I am sure on is right" Brandish replied smirking as Lucy laughed slightly. Wendy soon called them both other as they turn their heads as I smiled toward them. Lucy was struggling. It was easy to see she was. She was fighting something that had a unknown cure. "So how long will this trip be?" Wendy asked slightly as she joined Lucy and Gray when they went on a trip that ended up saving Ur, Gray's step-mother.

"The camp for the twelve ain't far matters how long Lucy wants to stay" Brandish answered as Lucy rubbed the back of her neck. "You guys all came to Fiore?" Lucy asked as Brandish gave Lucy a 'duh' face. "August used a spell seeing you in the blasted crystal so we all rushed here on order of King Zeref who even came along" Brandish soon explained as Lucy was staring at her in pure shock. "Humans and every race out there basically owes you and your mother Lucy, don't forget that" Brandish then added.

"That was years ago, I already told Zeref and the others they didn't have to" Lucy then spoke as Wendy giggled slightly getting the two in front of us to turn their heads. "Lucy you say that but look very excited" Wendy pointed out as I nodded in agreement as Lucy smiled slightly. "Guess I am to see Grandfather again along with Irene and Zeref" Lucy spoke as Brandish hugged Lucy's arm smirking like crazy. "Larcade too ain't it?" Brandish asked as Lucy's face was turning red.

"B-Brandish shut up" Lucy snapped as Brandish gave a small creepy laugh. "You both basically were dating 556 years ago" Brandish spoke as I felt rage building up inside of me out no where. I was jealous? What the hell? "At lest your not as bad as Dimaria is at teasing" Lucy mumbled as Brandish giggled smiling. We all headed toward the East entrance where a truck was being made ready. "It will be most likely nightfall when we reach the camp" Brandish spoke as I saw Lucy was thinking about something.

"So how many people are fully at the camp?" I asked as Brandish was muttering numbers under her breath counting as she turned her head to me. "Around twenty, the King needs guards to be kept safe so we brought seven guards to help out" Brandish answered as I nodded as Lucy had zoned out in thought. Something was bugging her. Brandish had noticed but looked away. "Let her think for a bit, only she can fight a taint wing" Brandish spoke sounding worried as Wendy moved fast to stand next to Brandish.

"Can you tell us more about tainted wings?" Wendy asked sounding worried also as I kept quiet to listen. Brandish turned her head to Lucy who had her eyes closed walking with her hands behind her back. "Taint wings are basically a dark curse but ten times more powerful, the wings take the curse hoping to protect the rest of the body but the curse evolved as that used to work. Now once one is tainted they no matter what one day turn into what Luke was" Brandish answered fear in her eyes.

I was in shock so was Wendy. "None of you welders are near getting the curing spells, Eclair can no longer do them, Mavis doesn't know what to do so our last hopes are that lover or King Zeref. King Zeref knows everything about dark magic he has lived for so many years longer than just a mare 556" Brandish soon added as Wendy looked toward Lucy worried. "If I knew the burnt creep in the crystal was Luke I would of went and blew it up to free her" Brandish soon whispered with guilt.