~Chapter 8, Offer & Choice~

~Lucy~ 

We got into the tent as I saw Zeref standing there smiling toward me. He was wearing a high-collared black with tan trim outline robes, along with a large, flowing white toga draped around his torso. He had short black hair, dark eyes, and abnormally sharp canines. He also was wearing a pendant around his neck as he once told me it had a picture of him and his younger brother. Zeref looked toward someone in shock as I followed his eyes that was staring at Natsu who had his eyes closed in deep thought.

"Natsu we are in front of a King you are being rude" Wendy snapped whispered at him but Irene, Zeref and I heard as Natsu opened his eyes looking toward Wendy. "Ex-King, if I remember right that was 556 years ago Wendy" Natsu replied in a annoyed tone as I sighed shaking my head looking at the two. "Forgive them, they are in thought worried about me" I turned around to Zeref as Natsu looked toward him with no shock reaction like Zeref had about him. Zeref soon snapped himself to normal.

"Sadly the only way to cure a taint is a lover Lucy" Zeref informed me walking toward me as I nodded. "I heard Mavis is alive, how is she?" he soon asked as the two were lovers. I knew he would worry for her. "She is powerful the city of Magnolia's shield with her magic she helps run the city and most of the others" I answered as he smiled slightly more closing his eyes. "I knew she had to be alive" he whispered in relief as he turned his head to Irene. "Magnolia will be under my care" he soon spoke shocking me.

He rarely took territory unless it was important to him. "Yes my Lord" Irene bowed unable to disagree even though I saw by her face she did. "Under your care?" Natsu asked slightly annoyed as he crossed his arms. "Their country protects certain areas, each top member has certain places they have under their care to protect it when they are called for, he doesn't mean rule it Natsu" I explained as he nodded with an 'o' face that was kinda cute. Larcade soon joined the tent as he walked over to Zeref.

Him and Zeref looking the exact same age. Zeref was under a curse. "August is still working on finding a cure for Lucy" Larcade informed Zeref as he nodded and clicked his fingers getting chairs for everyone to show. Irene sat down first leaning back relaxing and then ordered me to sit between her and Zeref. I was in some shock as Zeref sat down as I listened to Irene's orders as in way she was still a Queen herself. Natsu and Wendy sat the other side of Irene as Larcade was the other side of Zeref. 

"In a way to make a contact of peace between my country and the city there are two ways I will offer you Lucy" Zeref spoke closing his eyes smiling as I had a feeling this was coming. He was going to make me pick. "Become a Spriggan and be stationed in Magnolia or marry my son Larcade" Zeref then gave my the choices as my mind only picked up the marry part at first my face burning up in a second as Irene sighed. "EH?" me, Natsu and Wendy went loudly as Zeref opened his eyes looking toward me.

"The rest of the world may have moved on but my country remains the same, Mavis will understand. I have a Lacrima crystal ready for you to use also" Zeref then explained as I was the first to calm down out of me, Natsu and Wendy as I closed my eyes thinking. "I am tainted Zeref both choices are unwise and put your Kingdom at risk" I informed him as he chuckled. "I know you Lucy Heartfilla, you would end your own life before you become some puppet for true evil" Zeref then replied making me smile slightly.

He really did know me. I was going to try and end my own life before I had Eclair kill me in case. I didn't want to put her through that trouble. "Plus everyone knows how you felt for Larcade meaning it could cure the taint being around a lover" Zeref added as I felt my face warm up even more as I rubbed the back of my neck, my eyes still closed as I was scared to even face Larcade after that. "You know that is slightly rude to admit for her Lord Zeref" Irene spoke laughing slightly as I felt as if my life was kinda over.