~Chapter 5, Irene & Larcade~

~Lucy~ 

I was up at sunrise and was outside the tent stretching as no matter what time I slept I would always wake up the same. Sunrise. I looked up toward the sky, smiling while enjoying the view as I heard my name be called by an old friend and mother figure. "Irene" I spoke turning my head to see the women who once took me in as a daughter when trapped in a battlefield for nearly two whole months. Irene had thickly braided, bow-adorned, scarlet hair. Her two front braids have two golden ornaments near the upper sections.

She had U-shaped earrings on each ear, and had on red lipstick. Irene doned a risqué version of the typical witch's garb.Her black top had a diamond-shaped opening, exposing a portion of her breasts, as the top had a heart-shaped pattern around the borders. It extended down to the naval of her stomach where it met a large angular scar, was draped over by a dark-colored cape with a light-colored inside and two medallion gold-like ornaments, and was held together by a golden chain. Her neck had a decorated by other small cloth-based accessories, including a wide bow.

Additionally, Irene was wearing an elongated black loincloth with the symbol of the Alvarez Empire emblazoned on its front, having white borders on its edges and being connected to another cloth piece with the very same heart-shaped design as the top. She had thigh-high boots with heels that had a white coloured border near the top. She also had gloves of the same colour and design but had claw like extensions. Her black witch's hat was much larger than her head and possessed dreadlocks designs with a white fur lining near its edges.

In Irene's hands was her normal light brown staff that was the same height as her as the stop was carved into two a inwardly curved antlers. Considerably below those, the weapon began to be overlaid with brown leopard-skin spots that extends up to the antler's tips. "Lucy you have grown into a beautiful young woman" Irene spoke as I smiled toward her as I rushed over hugging her getting many around on watch to chock on air from shock along with gasp as Irene smiled and hugged back.

"I have missed everyone so much" I whispered as I looked up smiling toward her. "I heard about the taint, my Lord is checking the books with August, we will find something" Irene spoke looking toward me with worry as I pulled away from the hug and smiled even more. "There is no other way until I train the welders to be able to cure, I know that" I replied as Irene didn't like my words much as she sighed shaking her head. "You spend to much time with Eclair and Mavis, how is the old Fairy Queen, I heard she lived" Irene soon asked.

"Mavis is fine and wanting to see Zeref" I answered winking toward Irene getting her to laugh slightly. "The only person who could tease Queen Mavis or King Zeref and live you are Lucy" Irene spoke as I giggled. "They love me to much" I sang like a child as Brandish and Dimaria were coming inside as Dimaria was dragging some animals in. They must of been on a hunt. "You both are back early" Irene turned her head. "A herd was near by, mostly deer" Brandish spoke walking over as Dimaria took the set of animals she had off toward another tent.

Brandish and Dimaria were all part of the Spriggan Twelve. A powerful set of people who ruled under King Zeref to keep him and their country safe. Mostly Zeref. "I have a feeling Lord Zeref may ask you to join us to be the new 12th Spriggan Lucy" Irene soon spoke shocking me as Brandish looked excited for a second before going back to no emotion as she was on soldier mode while around the other Spriggans. "I am a welder still Irene" I spoke putting a hand on Zodiacs's pouch as Irene smiled putting a hand on my head.

"You can be both, we will need someone to keep peace between the two countries again" she replied as I smiled toward her before she removed her hand. "Larcade will want to see you" Irene soon informed me as I felt my cheeks burning up ever so slightly as Irene walked off ordering some soldiers around as Brandish moved closer to me. "Being a Spriggan is huge Lucy and God Serena was killed by Acnologia so we will help if you are to go after him" Brandish informed me as I did wonder what Spriggan was lost.