~Chapter 17, Blame~

~Erza~ 

By the time Irene...my mother and the other returned we had all blacked out from pain and blood loss. I woke up to hear shouting outside. "FLAME BRAIN HAS GONE OFF RAILS WITH FLAMES YOU IDIOT! WE CAN'T STAND AROUND TRAINING!" I heard Laxus shouting in pure rage as I pushed myself to sit up to see Lucy sitting up, hugging her legs onto her chest. She wasn't looking my way, her eyes facing the ground as they was tearing up. She was blaming herself. "Lucy" I spoke but she didn't move, look at me or reply.

That idiot. He went ahead without thinking just to save her. Then again he would of done the same for anyone he cared for. It wasn't the first time he had done something like that. "Laxus calm down" I heard Mira who sounded like she was struggling not to burst into tears as I pushed myself up and dragged Lucy out the tent with me to see everyone awake at the campfire as the shield was back up, as the weather outside was storming from Rain and Juvia both being upset. "What is going on?" I asked harshly as everyone looked toward me and Lucy.

"Your crazy Dragon Queen mother wants us to sit around and train more until we are ready to face Natsu's new level" Jellal answered coldly and upset as even I sensed the power in Natsu. With leveling up with Twin Bloods I was able to sense it more clearly than before. He was now way more powerful than the three Dark Types we faced. "People higher power levels than all of you couldn't take him down, there is no chance you lot can even get to him without dying, all Dark Types will be guarding him" Irene spoke.

Sadly I knew she was right. "Then we split up" I spoke confusing everyone. "We find the dragons now, while the others train having Igneel will give us more of a chance of getting Natsu back" I spoke as Lucy was still in her own mind space. "The taint is off her mostly but some of it is still in her mind, if she thinks too darkly she could regain the taint" August informed me as I nodded sighing as Larcade got up walking over as he took Lucy's hand getting her to jump and look toward him.

I grabbed her wrist before and she didn't even flinch. "Calm down, you are not to blame Lucy" Larcade spoke as she looked away a tear going down her cheek. She thought differently. "The Spriggans and I will find Igneel when we get him your training it up and you lot push it until you pass out" I snapped as they was staring toward me in shock as Twin Bloods was agreeing with me along with their own weapons. "We need each other but we won't have a chance unless you learn the cure spells or the new powers that come with the new level" I then added.

Jellal, Laxus, Gajeel and Gray all hated my choice while the three girls were nodding while understanding. "We won't fail you Erza" Mira spoke as I turned around to face Lucy and Larcade. "Lucy" I spoke getting her attention finally. "We need Igneel now" I then spoke as Lucy took a breath wiping her tears. "We head North from here" she then spoke as I nodded as Brandish and Dimaria walked over both looking serious. "Count us in" they spoke as I nodded. "You will need transportation" Irene spoke lifted her staff up slightly before slamming it back down.

Soon a truck came up next to us as I was in some shock. "The King won't like that Irene" August spoke as Irene looked toward him. "To save the Prince he will, he will send others to join us even" Irene spoke confusing everyone. "Think I am letting you all go alone, Eclair will take over training" Irene asked while explaining as she walked over as I was the only one to nod. Zodiacs was soon giving off a unknown jingle to me. "Ophiuchus says we have at lest a week to do this before Natsu is evil for good to where curing will kill him" Lucy soon spoke.

"Then let us leave now, August my SOS Lacrima will keep us in contact, push training until nightfall even, we need as many on our side to fight as we can" Irene spoke as August nodded. We headed into the truck Irene, Brandish, Dimaria and Larcade in back while I was driving with Lucy sitting next to me. "I really wasn't your doing Lucy, that idiot did it not you" I spoke as Lucy didn't look at me. "We have to save him Erza" Lucy only whispered as I smiled. "We will, he is a younger brother to me, I won't let darkness have him" I replied starting up the car.