Chapter 7

Hi readers!

Just a heads up - this chapter has very explicit language and sexual scenes - if you're easily offended maybe this book isn't for you. For everyone else...enjoy Max ; )

He frog marches me into a bedroom and heaves the door shut with a loud bang that reverberates in my eardrums.

His breathing is ragged and he's trembling...Why is he so angry?

He starts pacing the room and stops as if he's summoning the courage to say something, then hesitates and starts his pacing again.

I feel so helpless. I'm trapped in another time with no way of getting home and now I'm at the mercy of this man who seems pretty damn angry at my being here.

"What in god's name did you think you were doing woman!" he yells at me and I jump back with fright, what is he talking about?

This is the first time he has chosen to speak to me and he decides to shout at me...Charming.

"Self-respecting women do not go about wearing naught but their under garments!" he bellows at me.
What is his problem?! I start to feel my anger rising, how dare he!

"I don't know what your problem is! I was sweating and I took a dip in the stream! It's as hot as hell outside and you expect me to work your fields in about twenty layers of wool clothing! I don't think so!" I yell back.
I can be mad too... he staggers back at my outburst and I feel my confidence rise ever so slightly.

He seems to recover and a look of grim determination settles onto his face as he stomps over to me and stops within an inch of my face, "While you are in my charge you will conduct yourself with the proper decorum of a lady". His voice is so quiet it's almost as if he's whispering to me.

"What does that even mean?" I splutter, this stupid man is making no sense whatsoever but god he's gorgeous up close.

His scent is invading my nostrils, the perfect heady mix of sweat and wheat from the fields; he must have been doing as much work as I was before he stumbled upon me in the river.

The welcome image of him shirtless swinging a scythe back and forth and his muscles rippling under his skin from the strain is almost too much to bear. My breathing hitches and my skin prickles in anticipation, his closeness mesmerizing me.

We stare each other down in silent argument and the energy in the room begins to shift to something I can't place.
His face softens in the light and he slowly inhales as his eyes bore into me with such force my knees nearly fall out from underneath me.

Out of nowhere he grabs me by the waist and hauls me up against him, his mouth crashes into mine with such need it makes me dizzy and his fingers dig into my hips almost painfully. My hands fly up to his neck and I tug on his hair with reckless abandon, a breathy moan escaping my lips as our tongues swirl together.

He backs me up against the wall and pushes his hardness up against me, a rough growl emanates from his chest as he slides his hands round to my back and down to my bum.

I moan in pleasure and this seems to spur him on; his hands grip my thighs and he lifts me up making me wrap my legs around his waist and I find myself grinding against him shamelessly.

I'm not even thinking, I'm just acting on pure impulse – this feels so right.
He thrusts his hips into me and I moan with a jolt of pleasure as my clit rubs against the fabric of my dress. I squirm and pull desperately at his back wanting him inside me.

He leaves my mouth and trails kisses all the way down my neck and behind my ear; his stubble tickles and sends shivers all the way down my spine. I bite my lip trying desperately to stop another moan from escaping my mouth.