Chapter 21

"I should get up; I can't stay in bed with you all day" I say giggling, "although the thought of it is very appealing."

Max moans pulling me to him "There has to be some benefit to being an Earl – if I say we can stay in bed all day then it shall be so" he starts groping me and it takes a huge effort to resist him.

"Mmmm won't the men being expecting you for training" I say breathily and he pauses coming to the realisation that he needs to get up.

"I suppose you're right." He says kissing my shoulder before I stand and stretch. "Gods Cassie, how can you expect me to get up with you doing that?"

"Maybe I'll come and find you after your training session and give you a reward for all of your hard work." I say saucily and he moves to sit at the end of the bed as I stalk past him teasingly.

"Not if I find you first wife" he says and swats my backside causing me to squeal and make a run to the other side of the room and the relative safety of the bath.

Florence has already been in and filled it with steaming hot water and I sink down into it sighing in relief as the hot water soothes my sore and aching muscles.

I watch Max get dressed – he wears so many layers it's ridiculous. A under shirt, a tunic, woolen socks that go all the way to his knees and his trousers. I wash quickly and leave the bath to help him put his chainmail on, it must weigh as much as me and we heave it over his head; it falls down his body reaching just below his backside.

Next he puts on some leather pieces of armor, covering his arms, followed by some sort of overcoat that displays his coat of arms.

He's big and bulky but he moves so easily and gracefully as he lifts his sword securing its belt around his waist.
He's obviously used to wearing this much and he kisses me firmly, before leaving me to continue getting up and ready. He's mind-blowingly hot in his armour. If I had it my way we wouldn't leave bed for a few days.

I sit quietly as Florence styles my hair and helps me dress, she doesn't ask but I can tell she's dying to know how last night went.

She just smirks at me knowingly as flashes of last night fly through my mind.

"What?" I laugh at her.

"Nothing...how are you feeling this morning?" she says smirking with a trace of a laugh on her face.

"Sore" I say without even thinking and we both start snorting in laughter.

"Say no more" she says and we start to make our way downstairs, giggling at each other as if we were school girls.

----------------------------

It's early afternoon and after a full morning of exploring the castle my thoughts wonder to Max and what's he doing so I decide to make my way outside and stealthily watch him training the men.

I wander down the halls, making my way to the side door knowing that he won't see me from there and I can admire him in all his armored glory.

The air is chilly and I shrug a cloak over myself to keep warm, stepping out into the grounds.

I hear him before I see him, he's shouting instructions and offering advice and I smile as his voice sends chills through me that have nothing to do with the cold.

I think back to this morning. He'd woken me up with his fingers and kisses and I stifle a groan as I walk out into the open.

I'd still been soaking wet this morning and he'd found that out with great delight.

"Gods, I like remembering where I've been, Wife" he whispered in my ear making me blush.
But all thought was quickly thrown from my mind as his fingers began to work their magic, I'd come so hard I was still reeling from it.