Prologue

Authors note

Look I know this story may not make sense and all but I'm trying. I never really have done this and it's hard. It's also hard to write when you have to study for exams. But nevertheless I've still tried my best with this book. So please give it a chance and enjoy...

Flashback~

6 year old Scarlett is in her bed listening to her mother, and father fighting for the 10th time today. She wants so bad to go down and ask them to stop, but she knows that will only make it worse. She pulls her legs up to her chest and rocks back and forth. She covers her ears so she only hears the muffled sounds of there screaming.

"Your not leaving me" she hears her father screaming while a loud crashing sounds follows.

This fight all started out when her mother told her father that she was done living like this. Scarlett's mother works 3 jobs and takes care of her when she can. Her father lost his job and started leaving every night only to come home at 4:00 in the morning smelling like beer.

"James keep your voice down Scarlett is sleeping" her mothers trying to calm him down but it never works.

"I give you everything and this is how you repay me...by leaving". Scarlett couldn't take it any more she had to go down. She let her feet hang off the bed and hit the floor. She quietly ran across the room and to the top of the stairs.

"James you know this isn't right. I need some time to figure out everything. I'm going to pack a bag and take Scarlett with me". "Like hell you are" Scarlett heard her mother scream and a loud bang and what sounded like a struggle. Scarlett ran down the stairs to see her father standing over her mother. She wasn't moving and her father had the look of fear in his eyes.

"Jen...jen baby wake up. I'm so sorry please wake up". Her father was holding her mother and crying on her. Scarlett ran to her mother to see that she had marks around her neck.

"Mamma" she whispered looking down at her lifeless mother. "Daddy what's wrong with mamma" her father got up and grabbed her by the arm. He walked her all the way back up stairs and threw her on her bed.

"Stay in here until I tell you to come out"! He shouted before slamming the door. Scarlett looked down at the make on her arm and saw that it was bad. He had hurt her. Scarlett believed that it was just an accident and that he would say sorry. Little did she know not only losing her mother, she lost her father that night to.

End of flashback~

That night I lost my mother to my fathers rage and hurt. An hour later he had came back to my room and beat me and told me never to tell a soul about my mother. He said that I would end up like her if I didn't keep my mouth shut.

When I turned 13 I got a job and started cooking and cleaning up for my father. I was scared of him, Afraid that one night he would come home and kill me. One day I would leave this place never to come back.