Taking up your time

I woke up on a bed. That's funny I remember falling asleep on really hard ground. I looked around and saw that I was in a room. How did I get here.

"Oh good your awake" I jumped at the sound of a woman talking and saw that she was standing at the door way.

She had long blonde hair that was pulled back into a ponytail,  hazel eyes with thick eyelashes, and pink lips that were pulled into a smile. She reminds me of my mother except my mother had dark blue eyes.

She was pretty and looked to be in her late 40s. She walked into the room and sat on the bed next to me.

"Um where am I?" I asked shyly. How could have been so stupid to fall asleep I just got kidnaped. Then again this woman looked harmless.

"Your on a farm honey...this is my house" She smiled. "Oh I'm sorry" I whispered looking down at my hands. "What's your name honey?" I played with my fingers to afraid to look up. "Scarlett Jackson" I whispered my last name.

I wish I could get rid of my last name, so I would stop being reminded who I was related to. "Well my name is Maddison McGraw" she held out her hand out to me. I took it not wanting to be rude.

"I'm sorry I'm taking up your time I can go if you would like me to"  I said moving to get out of the bed. Bad idea because once my feet hit the floor I lost my balance. I grabbed onto the table next to me so I would not fall back. Maddison was right in front of me in seconds.

"Honey are you ok?" "Could I have some water" I asked staring up. She smiled and Shook her head. "I'm sure you need more then a drink. come follow me"  she turned and walked to the door. I followed Maddison though her beautiful home until we got to the kitchen.

"Please sit I'll get you something to eat" "oh no I'm fine really I'll just be on my-" "Scarlett sit please" she said glaring at me. I knew she wasn't going to let me leave with out eating so I did as I was told.

Maddison made me a ham and cheese sandwich with a glass of water. She sat with me and watched me finish the sandwich in 4 bites. To say that I was hungry was an understatement.

"How did you end up on the side of the rode if you don't mind me asking?" I was hoping she wouldn't. "I-I w-was..." "its ok if you don't want to tell me I understand" Maddison said grabbing my hand.

"Thank you" I smiled. "Can I ask how I got here" "oh yeah my son found you on the side of the road and helped you... he also found this with you". She got up and walked out of the room to return with my bag. "Thank you"

We heard the door open and close and what sounded like running. A little girl with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes came running in.

"Mamma I'm done with school now" she said jumping into her mothers arms. I smiled at how happy she looked. I haven't been that happy in awhile.

"That's so good Jenna I'm so happy for you" my smile left my face when I heard that name. That was my mothers name.

"Mamma who is she" Jenna whispered in her mothers ear. I giggled at at the questioning look she gave me.

"This is Scarlett a friend of mine" Jenna jumped up off her mothers lap and stood in front of me with her hand out to me.

"Hi I'm Jenna...your pretty" I blushed when she said that shaking her hand. "Thank you Jenna and you are as well" she smiled up at me and jumped into my arms.

"Hey Mom I-oh your up" I looked over my shoulder to see a guy around my age. He was hot!! He had light brown hair with Hazel eyes that were to die for. He was wearing jeans and a white shirt that showed off how built he was. His skin showed that he had been out in the sun a lot. He had stubble which meant that he hadn't shaved in awhile. Someone like him has got to be taken. Wait who is he?

"Scarlett this is my son Lucas" he walked up next to his mom his eyes never leaving me. "Hey how do you feel? when I got to you you were really cold and out of it" he looked very concerned for me.

"Um I feel fine...thank you for helping me by the way" he smiled and I could see the dimples on his cheeks. Another thing that makes him really good looking. "No problem" we were just staring at each other now. Then I remembered I have to get going. Maddison was nice enough to help me but I have to go.

"Well I guess I should get going" I said getting up and grabbing my bag. "What?but you just woke up" Maddison pleaded. "I know but I have taken up enough of your time. I should probably get going anyway if I want to get to a hotel in time. Thank you guys for everything"

I made and effort to move but was stopped when someone grabbed my arm. "No please don't go. You can stay here". I pulled my arm back in pain and saw Lucas give me a questioning look. "I a- h-hurt m-myself f-falling I guess".

I don't think he believed me one bit by the look he was giving me. I felt two arms and legs wrap around my leg. I looked down to see Jenna holding my leg. I giggled because it was cute of her to try.

"Please don't go Scarlett stay here with us" I looked down at her to see that she was giving me puppy dog eyes. Oh it will break my heart if she is upset. Why did I have to be so good with kids?

I bent down and picked her up holding her up. "Please?" She pouted one last time. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Ok fine I'll stay but I want to help you guys on the farm. It's the least I can do since your letting me stay here. "Deal" Maddison said standing with a big smile on her face.

Jenna started screaming in my ear so I put her down. She did a little dance and we watched her and giggled. "Come on I'll show you the horses" Jenna screamed grabbing my hand and pulling me out the door.

-------------------------------------------------------
Boy alert🚨🚨🚨🚨 looks like Scarlett is staying in town for a while.