Where did you go

"What could you possibly have to do when I'm talking to you?" He screamed pushing me harder into the wall.

"Why do you care you've been gone for 4 days" I pushed him back. "You said you wouldn't leave" I pushed him again. "You think you know everything but you don't" I went to push him again but he stopped me by grabbing my arms.

"Your name is Scarlett Jackson. Your 18 going to be 19 in a week. Your mother is Jenna Jackson no one knows where she is. Your father is James Jackson he lost his job but still takes care of you" I was shocked that he Knew all of that. How did he know all of that?

"Who told you that?" I said through my teeth. "I have a friend who is a cop. I had him do a background check on you". He did a background check on me!!

I threw my hand up till it connected with his cheek.

He held his cheek as he looked back to me. "You don't k-know a-anything a-about my life" I pushed him back and ran out the door.

"Scarlett" I was stopped when two arms wrapped around me. "Scarlett you came out of your room now we can play" I looked down at Jenna. I had forgot that I would be leaving her.

"Scarlett you have your bag with you?" Maddison questioned. "Um yeah I was-" I was cut off.

"she was just going with me out to a late lunch because she hasn't eaten in a while" Lucas said stepping from behind me.

"Ok well I guess you guys aren't eating dinner with us tonight. Jenna let's go in and start cooking" Maddison smiled at me and walked into the house with Jenna.

Before I could do any thing I was picked up an thrown over Lucas's shoulder.

"Put me DOWN" I kicked and screamed. "No because if I put you down you will run". Well thats fair.

He stopped and put me in the car bucking me up.

As soon as he closed the door I tried opening it but it did not work. "It's called child lock" Lucas said as he started the car. I stopped trying to get out because it was not working. We drove into town and stopped at a restaurant.

We walked in and were seated right away. The waiter came over and asked us what we would like to drink.

"I'll have a beer" Lucas said. "Root beer please" I said. The waiter smiled at me and winked. Lucas must have noticed because he cleaned his throat making the waiter jump.

I sat there just looking at the menu. I know I was hungry but I was not letting him win. "You know you need to open the menu to pick something out you would like to eat?" I looked up at him and glared at him. He threw up his arms in surrender

The waiter came back and gave us our drinks. "What can I get you guys" I just looked down at the menu. Lucas sighed and ordered.

"I'll have a bacon cheeseburger, And she will have the same" great now he is ordering for me. I looked up at him and watched him take a sip of his beer.

"How old are you?" I don't know why I asked that. "21. why did you think I was drinking underage". He grinned. "No just curious" I looked back down.

The Waiter came back with our food and he handed me a piece of paper. I looked up to see Lucas looking at that paper trying to burn it with is eyes. I opened it and saw that there was a phone number in it. I laughed and looked back up at Lucas.

"What's so funny" he hissed. "This" I picked up the paper and ripped it into pieces handing it over to Lucas. He smiled at me "why did you do that". "Because you were jealous" I giggled.

"I was not" he said filling his mouth with a Burger. "Whatever you say" I picked up my burger and ate it.

We were in the car on our way home listening to music. One of my favorite songs came on. Homegrown by Zac Brown band. "Turn it up I love this song"

"you listen to country music?" Lucas questioned. "Yeah and this is my favorite song so turn it up". He did as he was told and I was singing to the music.

Lucas started to sing with it but he sounded like he was screaming it. I laughed at how he was singing. He rolled down his window and stared to scream out of it. I laughed and laughed at him.

Somehow he could make me laugh after almost 12 years.

When we got home it was around 10:00 and Jenna an Maddison went to bed. Me and Lucas came walking in trying to be quiet. Lucas was tiptoeing and I was giggling at how he looked on alert. He went to turn around to me when he hit the photos that were on a table to his side.

I hit the floor laughing when he was struggling to clean up the mess he made. All the sudden the lights went on.

"Busted" Lucas whispered. we looked up to see Maddison and Jenna standing at the bottom of the stairs. I got up on my feet again and walked next to Lucas.

"Hey mom" Lucas said trying to sound innocent. "You do realize that it is 10 at night and it's hard to sleep when you two are walking in here making more noise then the barn animals outside" I giggled looking down at my feet.

"I'm sorry mom we were just having fun" Maddison looked to me.

"ok well you two get to bed" she didn't have to tell me twice I ran to the stairs whispering a goodnight to both of them. I went to my room and started to get undressed. I grabbed my t-shirt that was to big and put it on with my shorts.

Maybe tomorrow I would ask Maddison if she would tell me where the shops were so I could get some new cloths. I took out my mothers photo and held it to my heart. I felt two arms go around me and a chin on my shoulder.

"Who is that?" Lucas asked. "My mother" I said stepping away from him. I looked into his eyes. "She died when I was 6" he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm sorry Scarlett". I wanted to tell him everything. Looking into his eyes I knew that he was ready to know, but I was not. "Can you stay here tonight" I whispered pulling him closer. "Of course I will" he picked me up and carried me to the bed.

He placed me down on it and started talking off his clothes. He got in next to me and pulled me closer to him. I turned so that my head was on his chest so I could hear his heart beating.

"Where did you go?" I whispered. He was playing with my hair. "Well when you shut me out I got mad and I was upset. I went to a friend who lives about two miles away from here". I stopped him. "Is that the friend who's a cop and told you all that about me?"

I was still upset that he did that. "Yeah it was and I'm so sorry I just... I just wanted to see if it would help me understand you better" "and did you get what you want" really I was asking if he found out that my father was beating me. "No you still continue to confuse me" he chuckled.

"I'm sorry" I said playing with the end of my shirt. "hey no don't be I understand that you need time and I'll wait". I pulled him closer to me. "Please don't leave me" I whispered. "Never" he kissed the top of my head and pulled me closer.

Everything felt different with him. A good different.

________________________________
So he did a background check on her. How many of you just said screw you to Lucas? Also I really want a burger now. What is your favorite soda? I like root beer.