Bonus part (1)

5 years later:

I watched from the window as Lucas ran around our back yard with our little girl.

I put the dish down and walked to the back door.

"Lucas and Aubrey McGraw get in here it's almost bed time"

"Mommy just fourr morre minutes" "yeah mommy just for more minutes" they both pleaded. I gave them both a look that said get in here now.

Lucas grabbed Aubrey making her giggle as she flew through the air. He ran back to the house with her and put her down next to me.

"You have your 5th birthday tomorrow don't want you to be tired now do we?"

"No mommy" I looked down at my daughters face. She had my hair and Lucas's eyes. The most adorable little button nose, and a beautiful smile. She is going to be a heart breaker when she gets older with her looks.

I picked her up carrying her up the stairs to the bathroom. I gave her a quick bath before I put her into her favorite cupcake pajamas.

Me and Lucas tucked her into bed and gave her a kiss on her head.

"Goodnight baby" Lucas said to her as he closed the door. "Goodnight daddy" I heard a soft voice before the door closed.

I heard a cry and I took off to the twins room. Lucas followed right behind.

I opened the door and saw my two 2 year old babies crying. I picked up Austin who we named after Lucas's father, and rocked him back and forth.

Lucas picked up Sofia doing the same with her.

I started humming a song and the babies started to calm down. I grabbed there bottles and heated them up. I gave Lucas one and and held the one to Austin. He wrapped his little baby hands around the bottle and took it.

When they were finished I put them back to bed kissing them both on the head.

We walked out and slowly closed the door listening for anymore crying.

I walked back to the kitchen and continued to clean up after dinner.

"Can't believe that Aubrey is going to be 5 tomorrow" Lucas said standing next to me drying off the dishes.

"Nether can I. It was just yesterday that we were coming home from the hospital with her"

"Is my mom bringing a cake?" "Yes she is" I put the dishes in the cabinet and finished whatever needed to be done.

I got some work done for the upcoming school year. I'm a teacher at the local grade school for 1st graders. I have to start to get my lesson plan ready a month before school and get whatever needs to be done finished.

When I was done it was around 12:00 I walked up to our bed and saw Lucas asleep. I ran into the bathroom and got a quick bath and getting changed for bed.

I came back it and got in the bed and was pulled back into a hard chest.

"I thought you were asleep" I said shocked that he did that. "I can't sleep when you aren't here" he kissed the top of my head.

"Sorry I was just finishing some work" I moved closer to him and put my head on his chest. "Goodnight Lucas" I whispered. Before I closed my eyes I heard a soft "goodnight Scarlett"

-------------------------------------------------------
They had 3 kids!!! Which is your favorite character in this book? Lucas and Scarlett are really cute together!