The farm

We walked around the farm and saw all the animals that they had. There were 10 chickens, 2 cows, 1 donkey, and 4 horses. Our last stop was the stables where the horses were.

Jenna told me that the pretty black one named Midnight was her mothers, the dark brown one was Buster And it was Lucas's. We walked all the way to the end and There were two more horses. Jenna walked over to one of the stalls and jumped on it so she could look inside.

"This one is mine her name is Snowflake" I walked over to see a beautiful white horse. "She's very pretty" I said admiring the horse.

"oh wait there is one more" she turned and walked to the other stall doing the same thing so she could see it.

"This horse used to be my daddy's. His name is Chief ". I saw that the horse was light brown and had brown main. Wow these animals are very pretty. "Jenna, Scarlett dinner" we heard Maddison scream from the house.

"Let's go" Jenna said jumping down and pulling me with her.

Dinner was great and right now I was helping Maddison with the dishes.

"Lucas can you show Scarlett to her room?" Maddison asked and she put the last dish away. "Yeah ok" I followed Lucas up the stairs and down the hallway. He opened a door and lets me walk in.

"This is your room. If you need anything my room is right across the hall" I put my bag down on the bed and let my fingers touch the blanket.

"Thank you again Lucas. For everything" I said Turing back to face him. He was leaning on the doorframe and watching me closely. It sent shivers down my neck the way he was looking at me.

"No problem. You probably want to get ready for bed so I'll leave you to it. Goodnight Scarlett" the way he said my name made me want to melt.

"Goodnight Lucas" I watched as he closed the door and disappeared. I grabbed a pare of shorts and a tank top and ran into the bathroom that was in the room.

I turned the water on and stripped off my clothes. I looked in the Mirror to see that I had bags under my eyes and a bruise on my cheek that was becoming more noticeable. I saw that my arm has a big long bruise on it. I turned around to see the bruise and scars on my back. There was one big one from when my dad hit me with a belt. Then I turned back to face myself. I looked down at the big cut on my stomach that still had dried blood all around it.

"Why did this happen to me" I whispered to myself as a small tear escaped my eye. I wiped it away. No I'm done crying over this. You will not let that break you again get it out of your head. I turned to the shower and got in. The water hurt my skin for a little while but then I was fine.

Once I was done I got out and put a towel around me. I brushed my blonde hair that reminded me of my mother, and put it into a braid. I put my clothes on and went into the room. I grabbed a photo out of my bag and held it to my heart.

It was of me and my mother on Christmas morning when I was 4. Every night I always hold a photo to my heart and remember a good time with my mother. I put the photo back in my bag and got into bed. This bed was like sleeping on a cloud and I fell off to sleep really fast.

________________________________
What do you think of the McGraw family? Do you think it was nice of them to let Scarlett stay with them? As always enjoy!!!